Who Should I watch?

TwoFour Lowkick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I'm just now developing a style that seems to work for me, one that I'm comfortable with. I was wondering if you guys know any fighters who fit kind of the same mold so I could look up some of their fights.

I don't have much stopping power in my hands (the only punches I have that seem to do damage are my hooks to the body and lead hand uppercut). I do have pretty good hand speed though and choose to use a lot of punch combinations. I am a shorter guy so I usually have to jab and slip my way inside. I say I throw my punches in sets of 6-8 before I throw kicks. My kicks are the opposite of my punches. I'd say I have average kick speed but very heavy lowkicks (one of the gyms I trained at made me double up on shin guards...). They're my bread and butter so I mostly just volume punch to set up the big kick.

So can any of you guys point me to a shorter, aggressive, quick (but pillow) handed fighter with very good/powerful kicks?

You are not that discriptive. But from what you discribed, look at the BrownPrider, Cain

Thanks..

as forbeing more descriptive:
5'7, stocky.
I like to double and triple up on my jabs.
A typical combination for me would be jabbing my way into range, right cross, left uppercut, lowkick, left uppercut, right cross to the body, left hook to the head, right low kick, teep. The head shots are quick little shots with out much power on them, the leg kicks are thrown heavy.
I don't cover up much, I favor slipping, side stepping or counter punching since I'm usually a bit faster/have better timing than a lot of people I spar. I'm usually the aggressor (as long as my gas tank doesn't run out....). I have a decent clinch game but I prefer to throw long knees. Any better?

Tyrone Spong..... good kicks and long knees, good body puncher, not big KO puncher....but he can still put a guy's lights out. He is a bit bigger than you, but given he usually fights much larger guys it could be a good comparison. Same could be said for Ray Sefo.

Tyrone Spong..... good kicks and long knees, good body puncher, not big KO puncher....but he can still put a guy's lights out. He is a bit bigger than you, but given he usually fights much larger guys it could be a good comparison. Same could be said for Ray Sefo.

Ray Sefo?!?!?

He was a stocky but surprisingly slick heavyweight with a solid chin (by K-1 standards anyways) and heavy hands. Not really anything like what the threadstarter is describing.

Ray Sefo?!?!?

He was a stocky but surprisingly slick heavyweight with a solid chin (by K-1 standards anyways) and heavy hands. Not really anything like what the threadstarter is describing.

agreed, just as close as i could come up with. He was a smaller fighter for the HW division and was a good body puncher with good solid leg kicks, he also was good at jabbing his way in and slipping shots coming into the pocket..... some similarities to what the TS stated, so i thought.... however, he did have some big heavy hands.

I would say Michael Mcdonald from K-1. Really put his combos together nicely. Typically the shorter fighter since he fought at heavyweight.

Bad examples.
Ray Sefo hits like a truck.....with all four limbs.
He has an unbelievable chin to match too. Slick too.
He boxed as a young man.

Spong (the good Spong) was always the taller lankier guy. New Spong (HWT) , sure he fights bigger guys but hes been rocked by all 3.

Watch Frankie Edgar. He doesn't have KO power in his hands. He slips and picks his way to victory.

Ernesto Hoost isn't a short fighter but he punches in volume and ends with a low kick. Try to watch how he gets on the inside to set up his combinations.

Back