who should get the next WW title shot?

There is something to be said though, for the fact that some guys have to fight 10 guys in the top 15-7ish while others only fight in the top 5 and can get titleshots after one win. Its not Matts fault he hasnt been fighting top 5 guys, its the UFC circling the same guys around forever and moving "up and coming" fighters to slow up the ratings. Nurma is another good example. If Matt had been constantly fighting in the top 5 chanses are hed win once in awhile and thus be awarded a titleshot. People going " oh but this and this fighter has only lost to top 5 guys"... yeah ? so what ? thats the only guys "this" guy gets paired with. So when a guy like Nick Diaz loses 2 in a row people go " hes only lost to top 5 guys, he should get another top 5 guy", and if he wins " he just beat a top 5 guy , TITLESHOT!!".

same thing with the LHW division, everyone saying how its so stacked cuz jones has all these wins over former champs. but the same guys in 2008-2011 just traded the titles back in forth whilst fighting each other lol

Man I love this division.

dhk was never top 10 tho

The Dong is number 9 right now.

1 Robbie Lawler
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Jake Ellenberger
6 Hector Lombard
7 Matt Brown
8 Demian Maia
9 Dong Hyun Kim
10 Tarec Saffiedine

I voted for Brown but really T Woodley if he beats Rory.

The Dong is number 9 right now.

1 Robbie Lawler
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Jake Ellenberger
6 Hector Lombard
7 Matt Brown
8 Demian Maia
9 Dong Hyun Kim
10 Tarec Saffiedine

but was he when maia beat him? rankings are all bullshit anyways.

winner of Rory/Wood gets the next shot and should get it.

To be honest he slipped my mind. He certainly needs a title contention fight as well. Maybe Maia and he should have at it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between them, the first fight ended odd. I also wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between Brown and The Dong. But then I don't know who you pair Lombard up with.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between them, the first fight ended odd. I also wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between Brown and The Dong. But then I don't know who you pair Lombard up with.

For entertainment value I expect Lombard/Brown to happen, and also from the first fight I think Maia/DHK should be settled. Those make sense imo and line up two title shots.

Honestly Im fine with any of them. Twood/Rory is the clear next in line from my vantage point.

Legit lol'd at the first reply.

On topic, I think the winner of Woodley vs. Rory should fight against Hendricks for the title next.

That's because everyone's fought a top 10 except Brown.

I don't think he should get an immediate title shot either. But winning 7 in a row, all inside the UFC, is no small feat. You can say he's feasted on cans, but these are pretty decent cans to be signed. I'd say if you put the other guys on this list up against all of the same 7 in a row(some decent up-and-comers in there) then chances are they'd atleast drop one.

Back