who should get the next WW title shot?

Lombard vs Brown for the shot.

Though Woodley should get it if he wins against Rory.

if a victory over rory mac is to be put up on a pedestal, so should a win over erick silva as hes the brazilian rory mac really

if a victory over rory mac is to be put up on a pedestal, so should a win over erick silva as hes the brazilian rory mac really

Rory is 7-2 in the UFC, wins over Maia, Penn, Ellenberger & Pyle. losses to Lawler & Condit.

Silva is 4-4 in the UFC, wins over Sato, High, Brenneman & Ramos, losses to Brown, Dong, Fitch & Prater.

Both are ridiculously overrated on here, but Rory is definitely miles ahead of Silva.

Rory is 7-2 in the UFC, wins over Maia, Penn, Ellenberger & Pyle. losses to Lawler & Condit.

Silva is 4-4 in the UFC, wins over Sato, High, Brenneman & Ramos, losses to Brown, Dong, Fitch & Prater.

Both are ridiculously overrated on here, but Rory is definitely miles ahead of Silva.

yea i put rory a little above silva, but rory has feasted most of his career on LW's whereas erick has spent it feasting on low level competititon. both have come up short every time they've stepped in there with elite competition

top 10 is debatable. woodley's only "top 10 win" is over condit and was via injury stoppage. prior to that he had a loss to jake shields a guy no longer with the company. lombard's lone "top 10 win" is over the same guy. rory mac's lone "top 10 win" was ellenberger before he was to fight lawler in a number 1 contenders fight. lawler's lone "top 10 win" was only aforementioned rory mac.
If you want to debate their lone win, you should also note that each opponent was either top 5 or higher. Maia who rory and shields beat was top 5 until he lost those fights and moved down to #6 I believe?. Matt browns best win was #14 silva.

Lol'd at the 'loss' to Prater. Had to go back and look it up again. But I get your main point.

I like Brown but he hasnt beaten a top dog yet, not that it is his fault.

Rory-Twood winner is the only right answer imo.

Lombard vs Brown for title shot.

This is the only logical answer I see. Rory has been great lately, and Woodley has looked unstoppable.

Love the Immortal but he needs at least one top ten win before a title shot

Tyron-Rory winner for next shot

Brown-Lombard for the shot after that.

Lawler-Ellenberger winner vs. Dong

If you want to debate their lone win, you should also note that each opponent was either top 5 or higher. Maia who rory and shields beat was top 5 until he lost those fights and moved down to #6 I believe?. Matt browns best win was #14 silva.

i highly doubt maia was top 5. if we're talking top 10 wins then, who did maia beat to get that distinction?

False, #12 Pyle.

This is the only logical answer I see. Rory has been great lately, and Woodley has looked unstoppable.

few fights ago, rory froze up against lawler and looked lackluster against ellenberger, and woodley won via technicality against condit and had a stinker with shields

hardly what i'd call unstoppable

i highly doubt maia was top 5. if we're talking top 10 wins then, who did maia beat to get that distinction?

He beat dhk, who everyone has a hard on for and then he beat long time top 3 Jon Fitch . He became #3 behind Hendricks and condit.

I'm still made at Woodley for hurting my precious Condit.

There is something to be said though, for the fact that some guys have to fight 10 guys in the top 15-7ish while others only fight in the top 5 and can get titleshots after one win. Its not Matts fault he hasnt been fighting top 5 guys, its the UFC circling the same guys around forever and moving "up and coming" fighters to slow up the ratings. Nurma is another good example. If Matt had been constantly fighting in the top 5 chanses are hed win once in awhile and thus be awarded a titleshot. People going " oh but this and this fighter has only lost to top 5 guys"... yeah ? so what ? thats the only guys "this" guy gets paired with. So when a guy like Nick Diaz loses 2 in a row people go " hes only lost to top 5 guys, he should get another top 5 guy", and if he wins " he just beat a top 5 guy , TITLESHOT!!".

No love for The Dong?

^ this makes sense tho

To be honest he slipped my mind. He certainly needs a title contention fight as well. Maybe Maia and he should have at it.

Back