Who should get the LHW shot aafter Gus/Cormier

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Before u say "Instant rematch" GTFO of my thread, Zuffa zombie.
Jk, and I'm giving my opinion mainly on MMA math, cause the next matches arent up yet, and my two choices are not fighting eachother(Texiera vs Bader 2) at the moment, and assuming Bones wouldnt be back yet since he's the obvious pick.

My Number 1 Pick is Ryan Bader.. pffft bahahaha... No no no , I'm serious.

Bader is the right choice at the moment assuming he beats Rashad Evans. Bader has a four win streak wich includes a win over Davis a the guy that beat Texiera right after his title fight.

I dont think marketting it would be a problem either, since there is an old beaf to build up from sinnce DC yelled at him in the confrence. And the win over Rashad will erupt more than enough hype, while maintaining the level of doubters/haters cause of Suga's lay off.

And most importantly, the benefit of the doubt is mandetory in combat sports in my opinion, not exaugerating to a Douglass/Tyson level, but if you're a real fan u get the idea, and this is comming from a guy who never roots for the underdog, and wont be for this one either.

Come on, give the open for Ultimate fighter the door for the ultimate goal tp atain ultimate gold!

ryan_bader.jpg

Evans/Bader

Lol, division is a mess when someone like Bader is getting a title shot

well since there is literally no other fighter to give the shot to, if bader beats rashad then him.

lhw is probably on the level of wbw in terms of shallowness. Shogun is still ranked for gods sake

edit: guess shoguns not rank in the ufc's rankings, but he is in others.

Is it bad if i hope Gus gets injured so we could have a different title fight?

Evans/Bader

Lol, division is a mess when someone like Bader is getting a title shot

people say this but even if jones still held the throne, a win over rashad plus bader's other wins and he'd get the shot anyways. anyways there's no way around either rashad or bader getting the shot regardless of which one wins.

Whoever loses the most impressively between Shad-Bader & Manuwa-Rumble.

It takes a lot to get a prestigious UFC title shot. Lets see who's down for the failenge. I mean up for the challenge.

Glover is the better fighter and he already beat Bader. He was beaten by Davis because Davis ran away and LnP the entire fight. His only other recent loss was agains Bones.

But Bader is gonna be the chosen one, the UFC is like WWE these days, they love a fabricated beef.

Whoever loses the most impressively between Shad-Bader & Manuwa-Rumble.

It takes a lot to get a prestigious UFC title shot. Lets see who's down for the failenge. I mean up for the challenge.

Would be pretty stupid if Rumble gets an immediate rematch after that beatdown he got from Cormier

Bader is fine. After Rashad beats him (and, hopefully, finishes him) he'll be a top LHW coming off a loss - and that seems like a criteria for all title shots at 205 this year.

Is it bad if i hope Gus gets injured so we could have a different title fight?

I doubt he would pull out even if he had an injury. He knows he got lucky with this shot and probably wont let this chance slide away unless his head falls off.

Would be pretty stupid if Rumble gets an immediate rematch after that beatdown he got from Cormier

Wouldn't that make what's happening now even dumber? Gus was smashed even worse by the guy Cormier beatdown.

Sadly, Evens/Bader looks like it is being set up as a #1 contender's match.neither of those match-ups against DC interest me in particular.

the most fucked up thing is that if Pat Cummins gets past Glover we we will probably be 1 fight away from Cormier vs the Barista II

:rolleyes::icon_cry2:icon_twis

Weidman should move up and take the next title shot if he gets past rockhard.

Weidman should move up and take the next title shot if he gets past rockhard.

Right on that. He should take this opportunity to take the LHW title before Bones is back. Weidman vs Cormier would be a good wrestling match. Weidman by sub.

Its not an immediate rematch is after the Rumble vs DC fight DC fights Gus and Rumble fights Manuwa is it? Evans or Bader is fine I guess. I would have preferred Gus to get a win before getting a shot and I am a Gus fan.

I would be interested in a Rashad vs DC fight if Evans looks impressive against Bader. People sh!t on Bader but he is a good fighter just more of a top 5 but not able to hang with the Elite. Still young enough to improve and take the next step though.

Back