Who should frankie fight next ?

If Ortega wins I don't think the rematch makes very much sense, but if Hollaway wins then I could see Frankie getting the TS.

Rematch makes sense to me; I think it would be a different fight if the fighters had prepared for each other and since they are at the top of their division, I'm curious to see how it goes down.

Rematch makes sense to me; I think it would be a different fight if the fighters had prepared for each other and since they are at the top of their division, I'm curious to see how it goes down.

As a huge Edgar fan I'm happy for every chance he gets, but I'm trying to stay objective. However I'd still give him a good chance in the rematch, always a game fighter

Let's bring back the ghost of BJ Penn's zombie and make him really earn his title shot.

Any fight that is not for the title and not a rematch

Holloway vs Ortega, winner fights Frankie. But I'd also be okay with a fight vs Korean Zombie, just a bit sceptical because Zombie has only had 1 fight since 2013 and that fight was over a year ago so maybe it's a little too soon to send him out there against Edgar. Aldo would be an option but I'm not fond of it. Aldo needs something to recover, some rebuild fight against someone outside the top 5. And their last fight was an absolute snooze fest anyway.

No one's said it but if frankie wants to stay active he could fight Darren Elkins, that would be a fast paced match with some slick takedowns/transitions. I would also heavily favour Frankie in that fight.

He should fight the Max/Ortega winner. Or fill in for either in case of injury

As a huge Edgar fan I'm happy for every chance he gets, but I'm trying to stay objective. However I'd still give him a good chance in the rematch, always a game fighter

Relax, it is perfectly objectively valid to say he has a strong claim to a title shot.

Back