Who should fight for the MW title?

CinemaKingdom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
With the champ giving up his belt who should fight for the Bellator MW title? I'm thinking Mousasi vs Machida 3, a 5 round fight, should determine the champ. The last fight was close. It's for the title and the winner of the rubbermatch.

I like the idea of Douglas Lima moving up and taking on Mousasi. He presents a much different style than Rory so I doubt Mousasi washes him based on size alone. Not only does Douglas have the build and measured style to compete at middleweight but he's already cleaned the 170 division. Let him add double champ to his Bellator resume.

Mousasi vs Lima.
Also, they trained together

Lovato was gifted title to begin with. Theres no way he won that "MMA FIGHT FOR 185 TITLE". One of thee most poorly judged mma title fights that I can remember.This was not a grappling event or BJJ title .Lovato won 2 rounds on what I call " defensive grappling "(1st and 5th) .... did little and Gegard Mousasi walked away from London without his title. This " should " be his 4th defense of title and final fight on contract.

obviously, itll be mousasi vs someone. I'd actually like to see( know it's not happening) Gegard vs Machida agsin. Last fight was one sided [ 2 judges had it right and the other was on heroin OR something]. Mousasi " machida-ed " machida for an entire 15 [ stats back it up - both strikes and significant strikes]. My only criticism is mousasi not going for finish the handful times he countered machida and sent him reeling.

Otherwise we'll see Gegard as an enormous favorite over Salter or super fight with Lima. Gegard ,now, making cut easier at 34 and was toying with idea of taking some big fights at 170. I dont know BMMA protocol/mma/rules but if possible , let moose and dougie split the difference at 177.5 and winner takes all ( again, I know that's not a likely scenario but........ )

I rather have moose move up LHw and beat up bader

Salter or machida, maybe Lima.

Lima is biggest fight but how many double champs does Bellator need? The champ champ shit is so played out already and we just saw WW vs MW champ end badly.

But there really isnt shit going on at MW so if its not Lima then its probably Machida since he's got biggest name.

Salter vs Mousasi

The "Double Champ" fad got old after Nunes did it. Let Lima defend his title FFS.

It probably should be Mousasi Vs Anatoly Tokov, but they'll probably still bury Tokov on the prelims for whatever reason they keep doing that.

Back