Who Should China Deal More With US Or Russia My Take.

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I was watching the new TV show about the creation of one of the first IBM clones. But what was running through my head was China would be crazy to align themselves with Russia. Even as they sign huge 30 year deals for Russian oil I think that overall China would hurt themselves technology wise and economically. Why because the West is running away from Russia technologically.

Its getting further and further overtime everyone points to Russia having a usable rocket carrying passengers. Well I point to the fact that this rocket is over 20 year old technology. Russia keeps going with it because it works for what they need it for but its obsolete technology. It cost over 5 times as much for Russia to operate then the new SpaceX reusable rockets.

This is just one aspect never mind quantum computing, robotics, microprocessor design, portability of telecommunication technology, new high density metals that are stronger and lighter then titanium. Never mind developments in carbon fiber and nano technology as well as tons of other tech. Two years solar panels could surpass natural gas for much of the electricity produced during the day.

China would hurt themselves in the long haul if they decided to align themselves with Russia and work more closely with them. In the short term it would likely not mean much but overtime it would greatly impact their growth. The aspects to about Russia's military technology has been questioned more and more as India distances themselves from Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_-g3UWQ04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkItO-0a4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyUbWl8jPQU

Chinas in a great spot, they get to sell products to us and gas to Russia. Plus we need them to back our dollar, so we can't piss them off. They are the number one world power right now. Self sufficient and they don't have to go out looking to globalize , countries are coming to them

Chinas in a great spot, they get to sell products to us and gas to Russia. Plus we need them to back our dollar, so we can't piss them off. They are the number one world power right now. Self sufficient and they don't have to go out looking to globalize , countries are coming to them

Not quite, they still need plenty of Australia's natural resources.

This couldn't be further from the truth. But yes, I won't argue that they are in a great spot. At least until the next civil war happens.

I think quite the opposite of China they need western support remember the west is much more then just the US. I am talking about the big picture France, England, Spain, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Ireland, India, Italy, Switzerland on and on. When China has to factor the future they have to face they really need to look at the direction they want to bring their Country. Its a lot more binary two states then multiple choice and China is getting the message.

Vietnam and many other Countries are more then happy to take some business away from China. People seem to have this notion that China is the biggest economy in the world may be by number of people but India is moving up fast. China I believe will make a decision that will be unpopular with Russia overtime with their dealings with the West. China understands that they have enjoyed their greatest growth during their business dealings with the West. Russia will never be able overtime give China the technology and future business as the West has done for them.

Back