Spence?
Charlo
Bivol
beterbiev
Andrade
Munguia
Gilberto Rameriz
Billy jo

There's lots of high quality guys for Canelo to fight.

Last edited:
Callum Smith, GGG, BJS in that order is what I think happens.

The question should be...Who around Canelo's natural weight isn't afraid to fight him?

Bivol and Beterbiev are dream fights - Beterbiev is a bridge too far IMO. I'd add Saunders in the dream fights because I'd love to see BJS get dealt with.

I guess he cleans up SMW first. Smith is a solid choice. I just hope the good version of Smith shows up, otherwise he gets folded in two pretty early.

LHW - Beterbiev
SM - Smith
MW - Charlo (or the GGG rematch)

I don't think there's a mandatory fight he needs to take right now like GGG was back in the day.

I want him to fight Charlo.

The question should be...Who around Canelo's natural weight isn't afraid to fight him?
Who is afraid of Canelo? Everyone wants that payday. Those that actually believe they can beat him probably won’t do it on short notice but don’t think many are turning down Canelo, unless DAZN isn’t paying them fairly. And 85/15 splits aren’t that fair even if it’s career high money.

Other than BJS they're all nashing at the bit to get that sweet sweet Canelo money. Charlo would definitely fight him. Smith can probably be convinced, though I didn't really follow his negotiations with Canelo closely.

Other than BJS they're all nashing at the bit to get that sweet sweet Canelo money. Charlo would definitely fight him. Smith can probably be convinced, though I didn't really follow his negotiations with Canelo closely.
I could be wrong but I think he was offered $5 million, when DAZN has to pay Canelo $35M per fight until otherwise legally settled.

Smith as champion deserves at least 25%, if this were a purse bid it’d be 75/25 in smiths favor.

and I think that’s where it blew up. He deserves $7-10M for that fight based on Canelo’s guarantee

I could be wrong but I think he was offered $5 million, when DAZN has to pay Canelo $35M per fight until otherwise legally settled.

Smith as champion deserves at least 25%, if this were a purse bid it’d be 75/25 in smiths favor.

and I think that’s where it blew up. He deserves $7-10M for that fight based on Canelo’s guarantee
yeah that's lowballing it I'd say, especially since the fight seemed kind of rushed.

Who is afraid of Canelo? Everyone wants that payday. Those that actually believe they can beat him probably won’t do it on short notice but don’t think many are turning down Canelo, unless DAZN isn’t paying them fairly. And 85/15 splits aren’t that fair even if it’s career high money.

BJS is one for sure....
Smith turned down too....
Andrade is not in a hurry to fight anyone of note...still
If you are not a star/name/or have the drawing power to get a comprobable deal against anyone else the split shouldn't matter as much.
Big difference in an established known champion with drawing power turning down a split vs a guy or champ that is not known outside their home country.

Tons of bad ass young talent around Middleweight and SMW too right now. Some of these surging young prospects look like they could compete and are better than some of these guys hanging on to their belts and records for dear life. Canelo doesn't need these old hold outs... they need Canelo

BJS is one for sure....
Smith turned down too....
Andrade is not in a hurry to fight anyone of note...still
If you are not a star/name/or have the drawing power to get a comprobable deal against anyone else the split shouldn't matter as much.
Big difference in an established known champion with drawing power turning down a split vs a guy or champ that is not known outside their home country.

Tons of bad ass young talent around Middleweight and SMW too right now. Some of these surging young prospects look like they could compete and are better than some of these guys hanging on to their belts and records for dear life. Canelo doesn't need these old hold outs... they need Canelo
That fight would’ve happened in Smiths home country

That's the gate. How many new subs/buys is he going to bring to DAZN though?
It would’ve been big for UK as DAZN is launching there in December, still might happen on the 19th

Gate is pretty big deal these days

It would’ve been big for UK as DAZN is launching there in December, still might happen on the 19th

Gate is pretty big deal these days
Does he get anywhere close to 5-7 million dollars ever again?
Im going to go ahead and guess that Canelo would do the same gate #s anywhere. No matter who he fought.

Does he get anywhere close to 5-7 million dollars ever again?
Im going to go ahead and guess that Canelo would do the same gate #s anywhere. No matter who he fought.
Would Manny have done better than $50M that Floyd offered him? Oh wait? He did like $150M by sticking to his worth? Shocker.

Yes, I think Smith can make $5M, against BJS he’d make that if they had a gate. So I think sticking to his guns vs Canelo is wise as Canelo actually needs him if DAZN is only approving certain opponents

Back