Who should Brian Ortega fight next?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Guy has looked pretty damn good in his fights and kinda reminds me of Gunny of the division. I think he deserves a top 15/10 fighter now

He's nothing like Gunnar
I'd say give him Bektic

Hacran Dias in Portland. I predict this things

He didn't look too great in the Guida fight. He was hesitant most of the fight but I remember him saying Guida was one of his heroes and he was kind of struck by that in the beginning so I will give him a pass on this one.

He better wake up sooner in his next fight and don't pretend he is a world class stand up fighter. His BJJ is amazing, he should try bringing the fight to the ground.

Hacran Dias Fight Night Portland
Is this confirmed? I just checked Sherdog because they usually have it up but man that is a really tough test. If he keeps it standing I think it he can win but I don't see him subbing him.

Is this confirmed? I just checked Sherdog because they usually have it up but man that is a really tough test. If he keeps it standing I think it he can win but I don't see him subbing him.

yes.

was confirmed awhile ago.

He didn't look too great in the Guida fight. He was hesitant most of the fight but I remember him saying Guida was one of his heroes and he was kind of struck by that in the beginning so I will give him a pass on this one.

He better wake up sooner in his next fight and don't pretend he is a world class stand up fighter. His BJJ is amazing, he should try bringing the fight to the ground.
Quite a few good to great fighters have walked away from a Guida fight looking mediocre. Just saying...

Quite a few good to great fighters have walked away from a Guida fight looking mediocre. Just saying...
Pettis actually lost then became champ. Guida is perfect at fighting so shitty and strange that the opposition looks like crap as well.

Absolutely.

The 4 new blue chippers (Ortega, Bektic, Yair & Choi) have me really excited about the FW division.
I think Yair and Choi need to be tested by a grappler (I know that has been said about every striker) but for the most part both fought people who brawl and never go for takedowns. Keep in mind they fought mediocre fighters aside from Yair because I think Caceres is very legit.

Pettis actually lost then became champ. Guida is perfect at fighting so shitty and strange that the opposition looks like crap as well.
Yep. His constant pressure and goofy movement (different goofy than Cruz) style simply confounds even skilled veterans.

I think Yair and Choi need to be tested by a grappler (I know that has been said about every striker) but for the most part both fought people who brawl and never go for takedowns. Keep in mind they fought mediocre fighters aside from Yair because I think Caceres is very legit.

Thiago Tavares is a good grappler and no joke.

Choi cut thru him like butter.

Yep. His constant pressure and goofy movement (different goofy than Cruz) style simply confounds even skilled veterans.
Yeah it's not skilled like Cruz Guida's movement has no purpose. It's like he's so hyped that he likes to move to conserve energy. His only good fight was with Huerta.

Yeah it's not skilled like Cruz Guida's movement has no purpose. It's like he's so hyped that he likes to move to conserve energy. His only good fight was with Huerta.
Oh, I know we're agreeing and all... but I'm not one of the fans enthralled with the so-called genius of Cruz's footwork. As for the rest of your comments on Guida yeah, dudes a spaz.

Back