Who should be Weidman's comeback fight?

Chris says he should be back by early June, who should he fight then? Who would be available? I'm hoping they give him someone pretty high up in the rankings, so he can silence the haters (at least for a while). I wish it would be Bisping, but undoubtedly he gets a title shot if he beats Vitor, thoughts?

Weidman should fight a top 5 middleweight to get his title shot.

It's gotta be 'Jacare'. This would be the perfect fight to determine if Weidman is ready for that next level and would also determine is Jacare Souza can hang in the UFC!

luke-rockhold.jpg

Vitor after he beats Bisping, Luke Rockhold or the Lombard/Okami winnner, any of those fights would be a number 1 contender fight and they all make sense.

It's gotta be 'Jacare'. This would be the perfect fight to determine if Weidman is ready for that next level and would also determine is Jacare Souza can hang in the UFC!

People would question how Weidman does against a high level striker with good TDD.(IMO he already beat one in his UFC debut but Sakara's chin is gone now)
Weidman already beat Maia; Rockhold, Vitor or Lombard would make more sense.

Jacare should fight someone like Shields, Boetsch, Stann or Philippou.

Jacare has dropped out of the top 10 and should fight someone just outside the top 10 or someone between 8-10.

Anybody but a good wrestler Dana doesn't want to derail the train yet

Weidman would beat any wrestler at MW badly, Weidman is a bad match up for wrestlers because he is the best wrestler at MW and he has way better submissions then all the other wrestlers at MW, even if Sonnen was still at MW he would get whooped by Weidman.

I am more confident than Weidman would whoop Sonnen than I am he would beat most of the other top 10 guys.

Sonnen even thinks Weidman is better than he himself is, “There is no way to deny what we just saw. Weidman is on a roll, he is tapping guys out, getting Fight of the Night, and doing everything he needs to do. Now he is playing with the big boys. Now he is in the main event. The test was passed with flying colors. Chris Weidman, present company included, you are the best middleweight in the UFC.”

I don't think Weidman is the best overall fighter at MW, Anderson is, but Weidman happens to be a bad match up for the champion and can beat him, I think he will be the next dominant champion at MW.

Last edited:
Back