Who should be next for Oliynyk?

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
50-9-1

11-fight win streak all via stoppage, no decisions.

2-0 UFC record with a KO and a scarf-hold neck crank submission. He has awesome subs, multiple Ezekiel chokes, and has tons of finishes.

jkn_2_0_0.jpg

OleksiyOliynyk_Headshot.png

Jxh9M1HyMTE.jpg

7972481.jpg

Alexey%2BOleinik%2BCrushes%2BJared%2BRosholt%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

The Boa Constrictor derailed Rosholt's hopes of moving through the Heavyweight ranks with an awesome KO in his last fight.

Who's next for Oliynyk?​

Last edited:
Duffee or Soa would be good options for him.

Ben Rothwell

I'll second that... Rothwell doesn't seem like he'll ever end up with the strap, but he's a hell of tough test for breaking into the top of the division.

I'll second that... Rothwell doesn't seem like he'll ever end up with the strap, but he's a hell of tough test for breaking into the top of the division.

Would be a step down for Rothwell though. Rothwell/Arlovski 2 would be fun.

Would be a step down for Rothwell though. Rothwell/Arlovski 2 would be fun.

I hear what you're saying, but the guys in his late 30s with over 50 fights... I don't mind building up young prospects, but if Joe Silva/Zuffa thinks this guy has a chance to make waves in an especially thin division, then times just a wasting... Give the guy a tough fight, and see what shakes out, I say.

Give him Soa, he should beat him and get payback for his other Ukrainian homie, Al Capone - Nikita Krylov.

I hear what you're saying, but the guys in his late 30s with over 50 fights... I don't mind building up young prospects, but if Joe Silva/Zuffa thinks this guy has a chance to make waves in an especially thin division, then times just a wasting... Give the guy a tough fight, and see what shakes out, I say.

Duffee and Soa would be pretty big fights, then give him a top 10 guy after that.

Damn, He clips Rosholt hard with his forearm.

he needs a big step up in competition before it's too late, plus the division is hurting so it would be good to add someone new to the mix, plus it's not like he's "not ready" to be thrown to the big dogs since he is a seasoned vet with 60 fights under his belt

Mark Hunt IMO.

Similar situation where an aging veteran needs to take advantage of a limited time frame to move into serious contention.

It could be a classic war of wills. Hunt can KO anyone in the HW division. Oly is tough as nails and would have a major advantage if he could force a grappling exchange or two.

It is silly for either fighter at their age in the HW division to take a fight outside of the top ten. I'm sure the pot would need to be sweetened for Hunt to accept, but why not?

Back