Who revolutionized their sport the most?

while being a crackhead btw....
a highly functioning crackhead...... lmao

This dude, play after play, game after game, is performing on a level the NFL hasn't seen since and doing things that will be played in highlight reels hundreds of years after he's dead and after every. single. play... "How the hell am I gonna get crack tonight?"

Lmao

This dude, play after play, game after game, is performing on a level the NFL hasn't seen since and doing things that will be played in highlight reels hundreds of years after he's dead and after every. single. play... "How the hell am I gonna get crack tonight?"

Lmao

a highly functioning crackhead.
very dangerous man.

Jonah Hill revolutionized baseball by using data models to predict success in Moneyball.

Wilt Chamberlain revolutionized basketball because they had to change several rules because of him. Shaq caused one rule change too.

But my vote goes to Dick Fosbury for creating the Fosbury flop. Before Dick came, everyone did the high jump forward. He was the first to discover that he could get much higher by going over backwards.

And the dude was serious about winning too. In high school, not every school could afford the thick foam landing mats. Some schools had wood chips or sawdust landing areas. It wasn't that big of a deal because the jumpers mostly landed on their feet.

Well old Dick knew it was going to hurt but he wanted to win so he did his backwards flop anyway and landed on his head/neck and got a fairly serious injury.

Still recovered and went on to win Olympic gold years later. And every single high jumper uses his method today.

High-jump-evolution.jpg

Tom Brady. That's pretty easy. The entire league copies him, every position. Aaron Donald, TJ Watt, Trent Williams, Coaches, everyone copies Tom Brady in bthe NFL. The note taking, physical, mental, body work, off season time, diet, injury prevention, uniforms, gear set ups, media work, everyone copies tom brady in the NFL and it's been that way 20 years. Before him the Qbs were generally pretty slow huge armed assholes really who were known to be kind of jackasses. Montana, Aikman, Elway were kind of rare as they were pretty mobile, very smart and not huge guys and just not huge assholes. Brady came in and set the tone. QB weight and height since brady has pretty much stayed the same and the qbs have become more mobile. In general everyone has gotten more mobile but "thinner".

George Mikan was completely revolutionizing shit in basketball before Wilt even thought about using trash bags for condoms.

"Mikan was so dominant that he prompted several significant rule changes in the NBA, including the introduction of the goaltending rule, the widening of the foul lane—known as the "Mikan Rule"—and the creation of the shot clock."

RIP to Dick Fosbury.

The first person I thought of when I read this thread title.

Invented the Fosbury Flop as a 10th grader trying to clear 5'6".

Now, evey elite jumper in the world does it.

Back