Who, Other than Jon Jones can derail Jon Jones?

Anyone with this amount of Sherdog hype behind him is clearly unbeatable.

To be fair lots of those guys are 185ers and guys like shogun and rampage were shells of their former selves, not saying it's not an amazing run and arguably the best but I'd still say there's arguments for fedor's reign and shoguns run until he broke.

I agree its fair for arguments to be made. For me, Jones run despite what you said is the best I've seen. I'm no fan either.

I understand why he gets hate, but his talent/resume cannot be denied.

I maintain that Jones is overrated. Any fighter with good boxing that can keep it standing can beat him. Gustaffson almost did it. Rumble might be able to if he has developed a gas tank. Cormier's problem is the insane reach disadvantage he has.

Overrated? Do you know what that word means? When someone has achieved as much as JBJ has you cant seriously call him overrated. You just dont like him, theres a huge difference.

I do belive that he didnt train enough for gus. He had broken toe and smoke weed in jamaica. He is overall better that dc. But rumble, man he got that puncing power.

At LHW, you can make an argument that maybe his most dangerous enemy is himself (although Gus and Cormier were very close already and I think Rumble is bad for him).

But when you start talking about moving to HW being a cakewalk, you've moved into full-on delusional fanboy mode.
I'm sure the HWs are all worried about Jones' ground game and chokes.
I'm sure they are, too. Dc won the strikeforce Grand Prix and jones was clearly superior to him. It would be nuts to assume jones would do poorly against heavyweights.

Prime Van Dam from Bloodsport can beat Jon Jones, because he doesn't need sight to win fights, and since Jon Jones eye pokes are nullified, I see Jones in real trouble.
bloodsport.jpg

Well, probably the top 10 heavyweights can beat him, the lower on that list the lesser the chance, but the top 5 i think would have a good chance.

Gustafsson can beat him(again) - depends on the motivation it seems right now.
Cormier can beat him, it was a very even fight last time with barely anything happening.. Jones did like 1 knee and a takedown more than cormier.
Rumble can KO him, but id favour jones.

top shape weidman and luke could have a good enough chance aswell.

Depends on Jones will continue to cheat in the cage.. I hope the rules will be changed like rogan wanted.. 1 poke in the eye = 1 point deduction, no questions asked. Thats how it should be.

Prime Van Dam from Bloodsport can beat Jon Jones, because he doesn't need sight to win fights, and since Jon Jones eye pokes are nullified, I see Jones in real trouble.
bloodsport.jpg

An eye poke.
joao.jpg

Some cocaine to nullify Tanaka clan senses.
tumblr_lesf1aW5eX1qznkh3o1_500.gif

Body shot.
Van_Damme_Bloodsport_Blind.gif

your winner.
JonJonesBelt_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:
DC with body strikes.
Rumble with head strikes.

I'm still going to say rumble. His striking is so precise and sharp. Jon has never been hit as hard as aj woukd hit him

Tough to say.

Conor, Sage, Cruz and Punk probably stand the best chance.

I think the word you meant is, beatable, has exploitable areas of his game, etc. There is NOTHING overrated about him. He beat EVERYONE.

Yes, he is very overrated. All the best fighters in the world are the most overrated fighters at the same time. Words and phrases like "unbeatable", "fighter x has zero chance against him", "no one can beat fighter x" are mostly used only when talking about the best fighters. Its literally impossible to overrate a fighter more than that.

Gustafsson followed by Cormier.

I just don't understand how fans have basically forgotten about this rematch. I do understand a lot of steam was lost when AJ stopped Gus and when the feud happened between JJ/DC but given Gus' performance against JJ, his abilities and physical gifts I can't believe how overlooked his (hopefully) rematch with JJ is.

Anyhow, Gus still has great boxing, height/length, and the tdd to give JJ a real tough time. He matches up perfect against JJ. If the rematch happened tomorrow I would go with Gus, IMHO.

Rumble could easily KO anyone

All the ufc heavyweights are either old or one dimensional Jones beats them easily

DC, Rumble and Jones could move up and be 3 of the top 4

Back