Who orders standard def PPV?

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Is it 4x3 fullscreen or letterbox? Is it really crap blurry/grainy like FUEL TV?

I use to I was like its not worth the $10 for hd till I actually spent the 10 now its hd everytime

Every time. We usually watch on a ~50" and the picture is just fine.

I have watched it in standard deff on my projector and it was very watchable at 100"

I usually get it in SD because I record them and HD takes up too much space.

Last edited:
Real question is, who really orders PPVs?

Good_Luck_I'm_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

And in a third world country, so good luck.

I order in SD. I have never seen anything in HD so I don't know the difference. It seems good to me.

Is it letterbox like FUEL TV takes the widescreen feed, then dumbs it down so the picture is smaller than if they just omitted the left and right edges? I hate that. Showtime used to show 4x3 fullscreen Strikeforce, then started showing letterbox on their standard def channel.

I think UFC 93 & 94 were fullscreen, but my cable feed was grainy back then without the better RG-6 coaxial cable and Motorola cable signal booster.

I wasn't going to order Jones vs Gustafsson, but I watched the first part of the Countdown show, and I'm thinking maybe it'll be a good historic bout with the young dominant champ vs. young hungry challenger who beat Shogun and other vets. I don't want to order HD like normal because the other PPV bouts aren't really interesting to me enough to make it a no brainer PPV purchase.

I usually get it in SD because I record them and HD takes up too much space.

I recently noticed a few things on the DVR got deleted by itself before I got to check them out, probably because those were set to delete when space was needed and I came close to 95% full.

Is it letterbox like FUEL TV takes the widescreen feed, then dumbs it down so the picture is smaller than if they just omitted the left and right edges? I hate that. Showtime used to show 4x3 fullscreen Strikeforce, then started showing letterbox on their standard def channel.

I think UFC 93 & 94 were fullscreen, but my cable feed was grainy back then without the better RG-6 coaxial cable and Motorola cable signal booster.

I wasn't going to order Jones vs Gustafsson, but I watched the first part of the Countdown show, and I'm thinking maybe it'll be a good historic bout with the young dominant champ vs. young hungry challenger who beat Shogun and other vets. I don't want to order HD like normal because the other PPV bouts aren't really interesting to me enough to make it a no brainer PPV purchase.
I just pulled up my most recently recorded SD PPV(UFC 161) and it's fullscreen.

I just pulled up my most recently recorded SD PPV(UFC 161) and it's full screen.

Thanks. UFC is getting $10 less from this fan, out of principle for not putting on at least 3 other bouts I want to see on a Jon Jones card. The next FOX card looks pretty good though.

Back