Who or when is jorge masvidal fighting ?

Mcnugget

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
My gut tells me he’s got 1 More fight in him why not just fight Conor fuck it let’s go. He ain’t THAT much bigger. I’d have masvidal slight favorite on a sheer volume decision.

He probably have a few left. Diaz, Usman and Conor would all interest him i believe. Should be realistic enough fights to get done too.

I think both are afraid of losing to the other. Public perception being that you are only as good as your last fight.

If Masvidal retired with the BMF title, he could parley it into long term revenue streams. Maybe become a spokesperson for some brands. Or market it into his own BMF line, selling clothes, sports gear, men's accessories or whatever. All that would be gone if he lost to Conor. Masvidal wouldn't mind fighting champs like Usman, or anyone more highly rated, because he wouldn't lose any shine if he lost. But Conor is a smaller guy consistently fighting in a smaller division. How can you claim to be BMF if you lose to a smaller guy?

Conor cannot afford a loss to a journeyman at this point, while he is working on what could be his last attempt for a meaningful championship run.

This fight will only take place if crazy money is offered. And if it takes place, my money is on Masvidal. He is fairly durable, quick and has decent cardio. Anyone who can tank/avoid Conor's best hits in the first couple of rounds has a good chance of beating him.

Seeing as a TS is not on the horizon I think he should cherry pick easy fights for $$$. Outside of Conor he is the draw and will probs make the same regardless of who he fights.

Don't think Conor would take that fight to be honest, would happily be proven wrong, though. I think that would be a fun fight.

Last edited:
He probably have a few left. Diaz, Usman and Conor would all interest him i believe. Should be realistic enough fights to get done too.
Usman again? Nah not whilst he's holding the belt.

Masvidal has sure dropped out of the limelight lately. I think he needs to fight a contender like Covington, someone in his weight class. They hate each other and have a history with each other. He isn't getting a fight with McGregor, who has some good match ups in his own weight division, and a fight with Diaz again makes no sense. He needs a win big, or his star will be dimming quickly.

Masvidal and Colby will fight to decide who gets to help Trump move out of the white house.

You think he wouldn't be fighting Conor if that was a possibility?

Anyways, it seems like UFC want Colby vs Mas. But Mas don't want it.

cause it'd make for a boring fight imo
Maybe. Colby seems cocky and prideful enough to try and stand with Mas, and Mas did kind of alright against Usman.

That said, I get what you're saying and I wouldn't want to risk wasting Masvidal's fame on that fight either. But, other than Leon Scott, there are no good fights for him at WW TOP 10. Usman, Burns and Colby wrestle fuck him. Wonderboy already schooled him. Maia and Chiesa fights already happened, no real heat there to do those over again. Magny's kind of off topic and Luque is #10 - probably the most fun match up for him in the entire division, but #10 is a very low ranking. Probably not what Mas wants - low ranked, relatively unknown and very dangerous opponent.

If Masvidal fights and beats Nate again. Or if he fights Colby and wins, then i could easily see them make the Usman fight again, due to the short notice last time.
Especially if it's an entertaining fight. There are very few fresh contenders for Usman, so a rematch is easier to sell if the challenger can lay claim to exciting scraps.

I think both are afraid of losing to the other. Public perception being that you are only as good as your last fight.

If Masvidal retired with the BMF title, he could parley it into long term revenue streams. Maybe become a spokesperson for some brands. Or market it into his own BMF line, selling clothes, sports gear, men's accessories or whatever. All that would be gone if he lost to Conor. Masvidal wouldn't mind fighting champs like Usman, or anyone more highly rated, because he wouldn't lose any shine if he lost. But Conor is a smaller guy consistently fighting in a smaller division. How can you claim to be BMF if you lose to a smaller guy?

Conor cannot afford a loss to a journeyman at this point, while he is working on what could be his last attempt for a meaningful championship run.

This fight will only take place if crazy money is offered. And if it takes place, my money is on Masvidal. He is fairly durable, quick and has decent cardio. Anyone who can tank/avoid Conor's best hits in the first couple of rounds has a good chance of beating him.
He lost the BMF title to Usman.

Honestly I’d love to see Mas knock out conor, but conor is too little for him and that will just be a squash match.

Conor won't fight him.
This poirer snag is Interesting bc poirer isn’t really an exciting matchup for casuals but for Conor it’s a hard fight with high risk.
A win against a bigger guy like mad and now we can kind of brand himself as a guy who’ll fight anyone in any weight class or whatever. It makes his multiple losses feel like a byproduct of not being scared of anyone.

for Conor there is chandler and Justin. After that I don’t think anyone really very worthy of his dedicated training regimen. He’s getting older and wants to get out of suture bankruptcy by fighting 3-4 times next year. I would love to see a bmf catch weight type fuck it fight at the end of next year assuming
Conor goes on a 2-3 fight win streak against legit contenders.

What I’m Saying is with khabib out of the picture these guys in this weight class are fighting for a JV title and they all know it.

Honestly I’d love to see Mas knock out conor, but conor is too little for him and that will just be a squash match.
Conors listed at 5’9 and mas 5’11 but you’re right i bet he’s much bigger than the listed height difference

Back