Who next for O’Malley?

Dvalishvili might not be among the greatest finishers of his division, but you also have to look who he has fought. No ones saying Whittaker decisions everyone even if he has 0 finishes in his last 5 fights.

Dodson has a ton of fights and has never been finished. That Lopez guy has been finished twice in his career, Kenney has never been finished and neither has Katona. So his last opponents have a total of 78 fights and in those fights they’ve been finished total of 2 times.
<TheWire1>

Like his style or not, he’s a hell of a fighter!
He is lucky he has cardio because his top control is pathetic. He is relentless tho

A professional fighter is a pussy? And who the fuck are you? I'd love to see you say that to his face.

You are a worthless moron.

Of course he is tough, but relatively speaking compared to other fighters he seems below them when it’s time to bite down. What’s so hard for people to understand this is what’s meant when saying he seems soft.

god dam get the kids balls out ya throat

I want to see the kid fight again. He’s a joy to watch and it would be a shame for all that raw talent to be wasted because of being injury prone.

The fight to make would be a rematch against Vera. You could actually generate a fair amount of buzz with that build up as well.

Of course he is tough, but relatively speaking compared to other fighters he seems below them when it’s time to bite down. What’s so hard for people to understand this is what’s meant when saying he seems soft.

god dam get the kids balls out ya throat

There might be some truth that but in reality he hasn’t actually had to dig deep yet to win a fight yet so I’m not sure we can say that just yet. The last fight he just got stopped by the ref. He tried to engage and didn’t shy away even after the injury.

However the verdict is definitely still out on whether or
Not he has the right mentality to make it to contender/championship status. It’s a shame because the kid is so gifted and talented and is good for the sport because of all the casuals he would bring in.

I have no interest in seeing any more of his fights. I see him as mostly hype and gimmicky nonsense. Also judging by the things he talked about on Rogan's podcast, the guy is not particularly intelligent or articulate. I can't respect him because of his attitude and I don't think he has the ability to evolve into a top level contender.

Layup, then hopefully the Chito rematch. Maybe that fight can be normal next time.

But I'm more curious to see if he can overcome some adversity in his next fights. That is key long-term. Because if he can't he'll be a bust. Have to show heart to become a top guy. BW's also stacked. Those upper level guys are very good in that div. Have to beat some killers to get to the top.

O'Malley?
Ideal next step for him would be against Holly Holm at catchweight.

Ricky Simon is a pretty good match-up, they're right next to each other in rankings too. I could see the UFC putting him in there with a higher name though like Rivera just cause of O'Malley's popularity
I think Simon would fuck him up. UFC wants him to win, so they will probably give him someone more likely to lose.

It's some mild nerve damage actually it passes pretty quickly.
Are you joking?? He was crying out in pain and had to be carried out in a stretcher!! It was one of the more gruesome injuries I have ever seen, inside and outside of the cage.

I know a guy who suffered a mild ankle sprain. The next day he was dead. You do the math.
Wow, that’s so scary.

can you believe the nerve of the guy above to downplay O’Malley’s injury as no biggie??

Ricky Simon wouldn't be bad -- Cody Stamman would be a good one as well.

Are you joking?? He was crying out in pain and had to be carried out in a stretcher!! It was one of the more gruesome injuries I have ever seen, inside and outside of the cage.

Wow, that’s so scary.

can you believe the nerve of the guy above to downplay O’Malley’s injury as no biggie??

<mma3>

Has there been any rumours i missed regarding this guys next fight?
I think the UFC will probably give him a layup, give him an ageing guy to highlight and then they can start the trash false promotion again. Maybe get another promo on ESPN comparing him to Michael Jordan, Ronaldo and Tiger Woods.

ideally i’d like to see him vs a guy like Ricky Simon.
Almost no one cares if he ever fights again.

Back