Who next for O’Malley?

What? He got dominated... fair and square. There was no fluke.
I don't remember mentioning fluke...

Based on?
Based on stand up skills.

We all saw him limping, i don't say it was a freak accident or a fluke... yeah Chito kicked his leg...
I strongly believe, that if he didn't got his leg injured in the fight, Vera would had no chance in the stand up and i don't believe that such an injury will happen again.

Sure, you never know.

I don't remember mentioning fluke...

Based on stand up skills.

We all saw him limping, i don't say it was a freak accident or a fluke... yeah Chito kicked his leg...
I strongly believe, that if he didn't got his leg injured in the fight, Vera would had no chance in the stand up and i don't believe that such an injury will happen again.

Sure, you never know.
You believe that if Chito didn’t utilise his stand up to kick Sugar’s leg then Sean would have had the better of him? He wasn’t injured. He is a pussy.

I really don't get how some people already want to see O'Malley vs Vera 2? How does that make any sense? This wasn't a title or a legacy fight. Vera is in the best position after beating a hyped prospect like Sean despite the fact that he lost to Song Yadong earlier this year. Hardly anyone remembers by now. They need to capitalize on it and give him someone further up the rankings (ideally somewhere between rank 5 and 10) next to possibly create a new big name in the division.

O'Malley on the other hand needs a fight that gives him the chance to bounce back, but obviously one of the kind that proves he still belongs in the bantamweight top 15, not a squash against some can. Someone who's on the verge of securing a ranked spot with another victory himself. Can't think of a name off the top of my head right now, unfortunately. Either way, that's definitely the type of fight to give him, not just to give him the possibility to minimize the setback but to get a better idea if he's good enough to keep committing to the hype he had.

Hope he comes back strong. The fact that his flamboyant look is enough to make so many people on the internet despise him is usually reason enough for me to root for him lol. But I also believe it's gonna take a while till we see him back in the cage.

A reality check and recovery.

I think the guy should either change his game up, stop relying on his brittle legs to kick the whole fight or pack on some leg muscle and move up to 145.

If at 135, a fight with Stamann or Kelleher.

At 145, i dunno....Mr Finland?

He is still nursing his very badly injured leg, give him some slack, not many people come back from a brutal injury like that.
It's some mild nerve damage actually it passes pretty quickly.

I dont think they will do Vera 2, as if Vera beats him again then that's their cash cow gone.

Don't forget this is a business, and the corporate overlords could not give a fuck about martial arts.

I'd say aging legend, or a really good stylistic match up, i like Raphael Assuncao. Coming off 3 losses, one of those to Marlon Vera. PLus he's 38 so he is a shell of his former self and still has name value.

You heard it here first

I think the guy should either change his game up, stop relying on his brittle legs to kick the whole fight or pack on some leg muscle and move up to 145.

O'Malley is a technical striker, and he have a good reach. He need to add some weight, he is too fragile right now.
Still never faced a strong wrestler, many fighter could overwork him in the clinch. But he is still young, he is only 26.

I really don't get how some people already want to see O'Malley vs Vera 2? How does that make any sense? This wasn't a title or a legacy fight. Vera is in the best position after beating a hyped prospect like Sean despite the fact that he lost to Song Yadong earlier this year. Hardly anyone remembers by now. They need to capitalize on it and give him someone further up the rankings (ideally somewhere between rank 5 and 10) next to possibly create a new big name in the division.

O'Malley on the other hand needs a fight that gives him the chance to bounce back, but obviously one of the kind that proves he still belongs in the bantamweight top 15, not a squash against some can. Someone who's on the verge of securing a ranked spot with another victory himself. Can't think of a name off the top of my head right now, unfortunately. Either way, that's definitely the type of fight to give him, not just to give him the possibility to minimize the setback but to get a better idea if he's good enough to keep committing to the hype he had.

Hope he comes back strong. The fact that his flamboyant look is enough to make so many people on the internet despise him is usually reason enough for me to root for him lol. But I also believe it's gonna take a while till we see him back in the cage.
Vera is booked with Aldo in a few weeks

You believe that if Chito didn’t utilise his stand up to kick Sugar’s leg then Sean would have had the better of him? He wasn’t injured. He is a pussy.

A professional fighter is a pussy? And who the fuck are you? I'd love to see you say that to his face.

You are a worthless moron.

O'Malley is a technical striker, and he have a good reach. He need to add some weight, he is too fragile right now.
Still never faced a strong wrestler, many fighter could overwork him in the clinch. But he is still young, he is only 26.

When has he lost to wrestling? Premature post..

A professional fighter is a pussy? And who the fuck are you? I'd love to see you say that to his face.

You are a worthless moron.
Obviously in context of being a professional cage fighter, yes he seems like a bit of a pussy. Have you seen the Instgram video where he is fucking around out his back with someone, takes one kick to the leg and decides to hop on one leg after it? He is SOFT.

The biggest decisionator in the UFC. One of the only fights I would want O’Malley to win.
Dvalishvili might not be among the greatest finishers of his division, but you also have to look who he has fought. No ones saying Whittaker decisions everyone even if he has 0 finishes in his last 5 fights.

Dodson has a ton of fights and has never been finished. That Lopez guy has been finished twice in his career, Kenney has never been finished and neither has Katona. So his last opponents have a total of 78 fights and in those fights they’ve been finished total of 2 times.
<TheWire1>

Like his style or not, he’s a hell of a fighter!

He is still nursing his very badly injured leg, give him some slack, not many people come back from a brutal injury like that.

I know a guy who suffered a mild ankle sprain. The next day he was dead. You do the math.

Obviously in context of being a professional cage fighter, yes he seems like a bit of a pussy. Have you seen the Instgram video where he is fucking around out his back with someone, takes one kick to the leg and decides to hop on one leg after it? He is SOFT.

It's actually surprising that he even trains in full contact striking arts. He seems more suited to video games and painting his fingernails.

Merab, Merab, Merab
Screen_Recording_20200814-192209_1.gif

Back