Who needs to avenge their loss more: Aldo or Rousey?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's been a year since both champs lost their belts by KO. With the perspective of a year, with Holly losing twice since beating Rousey, with Aldo beating Frankie Edgar, Connor losing to Diaz then avenging his loss and becoming LW champ, who do you feel needs to avenge their loss more?

Holly Holm is old and no longer a proven killer. Aldo needs the rematch.

Aldo is never going to have a rematch.....

Ronda.

She went from "once EVER athlete" to purple pillow snowflake virtually overnight. And the beating she took was savage.

Aldo just went full tard and got clipped before the fight really even got started. Even McG admitted that he thought the fight would be a tough one and go differently (in terms of it being more competitive).

Ronda got destroyed.

Aldo deserves a rematch. Win or lose, when you've been champ for that long you deserve a shot to avenge a loss.

Ronda got dismantled throughout a fight.

Aldo got taken out early so never saw a real matchup.

Aldo because I want to see the fight and see how the matchup plays out.

Aldo without a doubt. Hes hungry for it and Ronda clearly doesn't want to keep fighting for much longer.. Aldo will still remain at the top for a few years while Ronda has 1-2 fights left in her

Aldo needs it more. He is forever a paper champion until he beats Conor.

Holm legit lost to Tate who legit lost to Nunes. If Ronda can legit beat Nunes, then she would be a legit champion again. RRR don't need Holm. But Aldo needs Conor.

Aldo.. clearly.

If you've been the pinnacle of success for a decade, and get obliterated and humiliated in 13 seconds to a guy that talks as much trash as Conor.. you need to avenge that or else have that reputation tarnished forever.

Ronda competes in WMMA... and it's hard to take that seriously.

Ronda. Aldo lost to a guy who has fought at FW for a total of 13 seconds post USADA. He lost to a guy whose next 2 fights were at WW. He lost to a guy who just won the LW belt.

Connor's win was a fluke, Ronda just got outclassed. So Aldo needs it more.

Aldo's legucy was cemented by the time he lost even if he lose again. Ronda can't lose like she did or else she'll be remembered as the woman that can't deal with adversity.

neither of them are gonna get a chance, but i'd rather see aldo since i'm no a fan of conor or rousey

Connor's win was a fluke, Ronda just got outclassed. So Aldo needs it more.

By that same logic I would think Ronda needs it more. It probably means more personally to Ronda. She got utterly destroyed. I know Aldo says he wants it really badly but hes already turned the fight down once. I don't care if it was short notice, if youre that hungry your in the gym the Monday following the loss and keep yourself in shape. It was a 13 second fight so aside from the KO his body took no damage. Aldo should've taken the rematch when it was offered.

Aldo because he didn't get "dominated" like Ronda did, I mean, it was 1 punch KO because the bad gameplan, Aldo had to be patient

Whatever, I'd like to see both rematch

Ronda! Aldo has his real belt now and Conor as much as he cries 13seconds looks bad in having his belt stripped for not defending against #1 contender Aldo.

Ronda needz to show why she was long standing champ and bring stability to the bouncing women BW belt.

Ronda...

She was undefeated when she lost. With ridiculous hype beforehand.

Fighters these days don't seem to care about avenging their losses. Unless it's Conor ducking defending a belt. The only champion to do it was GSP. Who avenged both his losses.

Of course Joanna is undefeated. So there are no losses to avenge.

Aldo needs it more. Everyone knew Ronda was a big fish in a very small pond. "Avenging" her loss still doesn't change that. People talked about Aldo as #1 P4P and one of the all-time greats, that Conor loss was devastating if he's never able to avenge it.

Aldo. He has the stigma of being a paper champ, also when the opportunity for a rematch came around, Aldo decided not to do it despite his "anytime, anywhere, title or no title" bravado he had expressed.

Good points for the "Aldo" crowd but in terms of marketing it is clear it is Ronda.

Ronda was a bigger marketing star so is more in need of redemption. Aldo has a built-in "the fight didn't start" excuse whereas Ronda's performance is nearly impossible to classify as anything other than being thoroughly outclassed (not that they haven't TRIED with the "tough to be a rockstar" and talk about movie distractions). Finally there is the vested marketing interest in avenging against Holly (now off 2 losses so her only value is in Ronda's redemption) as compared to avenging against Conor (clearly bigger marketing than Aldo ever was and a loss to a 145er would be disastrous, especially when his biggest claim to fame is the 13 second KO).

Back