Who looked more dominant in his prime: Anderson Silva or Jon Jones

Age is a number, it does not determine when someone is out of their prime.

And yes, Silva won. But the only eoundthe was ever ahead in was the 2nd round of the rematch. He was on his way to losing r5 of the first fight 10-8 before pulling off a miracle. The piunttof the thread was 'who looked more dominant in their prime' .. So you pointing out he won, just goes to show it sure as shit was Silva who looked more dominant.

Hope this helps
Point of the thread is who looked dominant in their prime years, and you are just talking about 1 fight?
Since you just want to talk about 1 fight where the guy struggled, knowing styles make fights. Why should we choose to forget Jon Jones vs Gustaffson 1, when most people here think Jon lost?

The point is, 1 fight where you struggled doesn't reflect how dominant you were during your entire run.

Point of the thread is who looked dominant in their prime years, and you are just talking about 1 fight?
Since you just want to talk about 1 fight where the guy struggled, knowing styles make fights. Why should we choose to forget Jon Jones vs Gustaffson 1, when most people here think Jon lost?

The point is, 1 fight where you struggled doesn't reflect how dominant you were during your entire run.
Jon has had ONE fight that was "close"... 2 judges gave Gus 2 rounds, one gave him a single round. That's the one fight you have to argue against Jones. The rest of his career he has rolled through his opponents.
Silva in his prime had 7 rounds with Chael, he lost 2 of them 10-8..almost 3 if it hadn't been for a miracle submission by Silva. If Silva doesn't pull of a miracle he loses that fight 50-42. In the rematch he had a 10-8 in the first round. In 6 full rounds against SIlva he has 4 10-8's. That's more rounds than Jones has lost in his entire career. The only round the Silva would have actually won in those fights was the 2nd round in the rematch. Going by official scorecards he lost the first round against Hendo, lost the first round to Leites, even Maia won a round.

So no, I'm not talking about 1 fight. Hendo, Leites, Sonnen, Maia all at least won rounds. Silva was embarrassed for multiple rounds by Sonnen. That fight wasn't even competitive until the last 10 seconds of the fight when SIlva finally got a submission in.

And you tried to argue that SIlva "wasn't in his prime" when he fought Sonnen because he was 35 at the time... it was 9 months after his most famous performance of his career against Forrest. It was 6 months before the most famous kick in MMA history. That was Silva in his prime, and right dead smack int he middle of it he got dominated for 4.5 rounds by Chael Sonnen.

The point is - when Silva was on top of the world and everyone was calling him the GOAT - he spent 5 rounds on his back getting pummeled by Chael Sonnen of all people. The only even remotely competitive fight in Jones' career was when Gus won 1, maybe 2 rounds. You're either hate Jones, or you're too stupid to see that Silva has never looked more dominant than Jones.

I wouldn't call Anderson dominant, but a deadly finisher. Jones and GSP tend to dominate, rarely lose a round, meaning they're winning almost always from bell to bell. Anderson could be losing badly, but still find a way to finish.

Jon has had ONE fight that was "close"... 2 judges gave Gus 2 rounds, one gave him a single round. That's the one fight you have to argue against Jones. The rest of his career he has rolled through his opponents.
Silva in his prime had 7 rounds with Chael, he lost 2 of them 10-8..almost 3 if it hadn't been for a miracle submission by Silva. If Silva doesn't pull of a miracle he loses that fight 50-42. In the rematch he had a 10-8 in the first round. In 6 full rounds against SIlva he has 4 10-8's. That's more rounds than Jones has lost in his entire career. The only round the Silva would have actually won in those fights was the 2nd round in the rematch. Going by official scorecards he lost the first round against Hendo, lost the first round to Leites, even Maia won a round.

So no, I'm not talking about 1 fight. Hendo, Leites, Sonnen, Maia all at least won rounds. Silva was embarrassed for multiple rounds by Sonnen. That fight wasn't even competitive until the last 10 seconds of the fight when SIlva finally got a submission in.

And you tried to argue that SIlva "wasn't in his prime" when he fought Sonnen because he was 35 at the time... it was 9 months after his most famous performance of his career against Forrest. It was 6 months before the most famous kick in MMA history. That was Silva in his prime, and right dead smack int he middle of it he got dominated for 4.5 rounds by Chael Sonnen.

The point is - when Silva was on top of the world and everyone was calling him the GOAT - he spent 5 rounds on his back getting pummeled by Chael Sonnen of all people. The only even remotely competitive fight in Jones' career was when Gus won 1, maybe 2 rounds. You're either hate Jones, or you're too stupid to see that Silva has never looked more dominant than Jones.
FYI, Jones is my favorite MMA fighter today and is my #1 in the GOAT list, so don't come here throwing those statements.

Since we can both agree in the end that Jones is the more dominant fighter, I should say Silva had that different "aura" in him during his prime. I don't know how'd you call that since "dominant" probably wasn't the right term. Even when everyone thought he's going to lose, he just brought something out of his pocket and take the W. Who would have thought he'd finish Hendo in that fashion?

Between Dec 2011 and Dec 2018 Jon has zero clean finishes over legit LHW challengers.

Even counting the finish of that 185er they fed him in 2013, a guy who had been destroyed inside 7 minutes in his previous fight, at 185, there's a half decade gap between clean finishes.
Jones' last four fights are more impressive than GSP's entire career

Stop being salty you bum

Jones' last four fights are more impressive than GSP's entire career

Stop being salty you bum

giphy.gif

FYI, Jones is my favorite MMA fighter today and is my #1 in the GOAT list, so don't come here throwing those statements.

Since we can both agree in the end that Jones is the more dominant fighter, I should say Silva had that different "aura" in him during his prime. I don't know how'd you call that since "dominant" probably wasn't the right term. Even when everyone thought he's going to lose, he just brought something out of his pocket and take the W. Who would have thought he'd finish Hendo in that fashion?
sweet back pedal.

Back