Who looked more dominant in his prime: Anderson Silva or Jon Jones

Silva was toying with guys while jones seemed to be in trouble at times, but you can argue that jones had tougher opposition.
Huh<Huh2>. Anderson and dominated by Chael till he pulled one out his ass in 5th. Bones only time he was ever in doubt first 2 rds v Gus. Anderson was beaten soundly by fucking Weidman. An had 2 lbs on his record from way back.

Joke challenger?
vitor (former 205 champ)

As soon as anyone tries to legitimize Vitor's joke title shot in September 2012, when
  • he hadn't been in the cage with another 205er for HALF A FREAKIN DECADE,
  • he hadn't beaten a relevant 205er for MORE THAN EIGHT YEARS, when
  • he had become "205 champ" of the then-weak UFC LHW division by fluke eyeball scratch of Randy's eye before the fight even got going - the same Randy who DESTROYED Vitor both other times they fought
it's a sure sign not to bother taking them seriously.

giphy.gif

Stop whining about Chael being on something.

Sorry you are triggered by facts little guy

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

As soon as anyone tries to legitimize Vitor's joke title shot in September 2012, when
  • he hadn't been in the cage with another 205er for HALF A FREAKIN DECADE,
  • he hadn't beaten a relevant 205er for MORE THAN EIGHT YEARS, when
  • he had become "205 champ" of the then-weak UFC LHW division by fluke eyeball scratch of Randy's eye before the fight even got going - the same Randy who DESTROYED Vitor both other times they fought
it's a sure sign not to bother taking them seriously.

giphy.gif

Sorry you are triggered by facts little guy

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

When people use stupid gifs it's a sure sign not to take them seriously.

And in the fight before Jones Vitor finished Rumble. I know that fight was meant to be at MW and Rumble has fought as low as WW but are you going to tell me Rumble isn't naturally at least a LHW?

Silva and it's not even close. Silva had the fear factor and much for vicious Muay Thai.

JBJ is a great fighter. If he got his shit together he would have been the GOAT already hands down. Just like Andy, JBJ does have weaknesses. Only thing is JBJ has such a huge physical advantage it's hard to exploit those weakness.

Anderson Silva and not even close. Number ONE GOAT, Jon Jones number two.

When people use stupid gifs it's a sure sign not to take them seriously.

giphy.gif

And in the fight before Jones Vitor finished Rumble. I know that fight was meant to be at MW and Rumble has fought as low as WW but are you going to tell me Rumble isn't naturally at least a LHW?

Of course I'm not going to tell you that ...

giphy.gif

Just like you are not going to tell me the Rumble who fought Vitor after being so WRECKED by his weight cut he
  • COULDN'T MOVE HIS DAMN LEGS, and
  • was mandated to enter the cage below 205lbs,
was even close to being legit preparation for Vitor to fight the LHW champion on short notice after zero LHW cage experience in the previous half decade.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Jones - more dominant defensively and his victories are slow and inevitable. He just slowly breaks you down by attrition and there is no hope of finding a way to hurt him.

Silva - more dominant in an offensive, explosive way. It seemed that you could possibly get to him but he could just strike like a cobra seemingly at will and end the fight.

Different sort of auras so it's kind of apples vs oranges. Jones just seems completely not in danger no matter who he is fighting whereas guys like prime Silva and prime Fedor we had seen rocked or subbed but they were much more likely pull of a spectacular finish. Their highlights look more dominant but I don't think they are as in control as Jones seems to be. There seemed to be more optimism that their next opponent could be the guy to beat them.

The answer is always the goat....Fedor. you bore me. Both your guys too busy cleaning then urine and popping needles in their arses

Silva and it's not even close. Silva had the fear factor and much for vicious Muay Thai.

JBJ is a great fighter. If he got his shit together he would have been the GOAT already hands down. Just like Andy, JBJ does have weaknesses. Only thing is JBJ has such a huge physical advantage it's hard to exploit those weakness.

What exactly are Jones "weaknesses". That he got lazy for a second in Vitor's guard and had to shake free of a tight armbar? That he maybe took Gus a bit lightly and ended up in one dogfight? You sort of frame it like Silva didn't show a weakness for being able stop a really good wrestler from taking him down and controlling him.

Jones has made it almost impossible to root for him. But the way he absolutely RAGDOLLED guys like Bader and Matyushenko seems to be forgotten by a lot of people. It's not just beating and finishing those guys, it's the way he tossed them around like they were kids. Silva was a brilliant counterstriker, but I've never seen anyone as dominant as Jones.

Jones has been nearly untouchable. Anderson had unreal finishes.

Jones.

Anderson clowned guys and all once he found his rhythm but Jones is the guy that people are just sure that will win.

[no_known_weakness.jpg]

as far as "LOOKS" Anderson was Knocking out people matrix style and looked like a fucking Xmen mutant....Jones was more Dominant but he was poking eyes and kicking out peoples Knees.....

Just like you are not going to tell me the Rumble who fought Vitor after being so WRECKED by his weight cut he
  • COULDN'T MOVE HIS DAMN LEGS, and
  • was mandated to enter the cage below 205lbs,
was even close to being legit preparation for Vitor to fight the LHW champion on short notice after zero LHW cage experience in the previous half decade.

Well Vitor did ok anyway, he nearly won by sub, who else has gotten close to subbing Jones, probably the closest he's gotten to losing (other than Gus I).

I'm not really sure what you're arguing now anyway. Vitor was apparently a shit challenger, couldn't fight at LHW, beat a shit fighter first who had a shit prep, then nearly beat the GOAT LHW by sub. Is that it?

Huh<Huh2>. Anderson and dominated by Chael till he pulled one out his ass in 5th. Bones only time he was ever in doubt first 2 rds v Gus. Anderson was beaten soundly by fucking Weidman. An had 2 lbs on his record from way back.
Exactly.

Not to mention Hendo won the 1st round of his fight with Silva. In 7 rounds chael has 3 or 4 10-8 rounds, and won 5 over Silva. Hendo won a round, Weidman beat him twice. Jon in his career gave up two rounds to Gus and 2 (could be 3 I forget the actual score cards) to DC and he's won the rest. After the second weidman fight Silva had lost as many fights then as rounds Jones has lost now. That's how far apart the two are. We're counting the number of fights Silva has lost to the number of rounds Jones has lost.

A

The dude not only beats the fighters he submitted USADA by the balls.

Well Vitor did ok anyway, he nearly won by sub, who else has gotten close to subbing Jones, probably the closest he's gotten to losing (other than Gus I).

I'm not really sure what you're arguing now anyway. Vitor was apparently a shit challenger, couldn't fight at LHW, beat a shit fighter first who had a shit prep, then nearly beat the GOAT LHW by sub. Is that it?

Exactamundo!

giphy.gif

Jonny Bones has been my favourite fighter to watch for over half a decade now and I'm with you that the Vitor fight held a positive for Jon in that it showed he could come back from adversity, but the fact he was ever in trouble against a joke challenger like Vitor in the first place showed Jon was not close to as well-rounded as he'd been hyped to be.

Anderson had wrecked a well-prepared Vitor inside 4 minutes. Jon needed a 4th round to get past the woefully under-prepared version, and ended up with his arm in a sling to boot.

Silva was more dominant. Fighters literally barely even grazed him in his prime.

Back