Who looked more dominant in his prime: Anderson Silva or Jon Jones

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Who looked more dominant in his prime: Anderson Silva or Jon Jones

anderson-silva-kick-to-face.jpg

img18747232.jpg

Jones. Anderson looked a lot more beatable than Jon did and had clearer weaknesses. Also, Jon has yet to truly lose.

Jon is still fresh, remember his on and off vacation.

Jones just looks like a pussy cheater, so I’ll go with GSP

Jones would snort coke out of Anderson’s nut cup if there wasn’t a table about

Silva was toying with guys while jones seemed to be in trouble at times, but you can argue that jones had tougher opposition.

Jones. Anderson was taken down and was in huge trouble by TUF Comeback winner Travis Lutter who could have actually won if he didn't drop for the laziest armbar attempt ever. Since then, the threat of the takedown remained a stylistic weakness of his which you could see the right opponent exploiting if they came around.

Jones has never shown that kind of glaring hole in his game EVER and all his opponents have against him is a fluke puncher's chance. You may cite the Gustaffson fight in response but then I would respond with the Chael fight where Anderson lost 4 and a half rounds to a guy many others had submitted way easier.

Jones = more well rounded than Anderson, faced better competition than Anderson, and would beat any version of Anderson.

That being said, Prime GSP = more dominant than both

Jones just looks like a pussy cheater, so I’ll go with GSP[/QUOTE
GSP is a legend, but not even in same sentence when it comes dominance over his competitors compared to Silva and Jones.

The first Chael fight isn't counted by anyone with any credibility due to Chael being on buckets of roids.

Even IF the whiny little hatebitches claim Anderson had been on something, it sure as shit wasn't as much as Chael was on.

Last edited:
Jones is more dominant, Anderson was more spectacular even after moments of duress.

GSP can't finish. How's that even look dominant?

Between Dec 2011 and Dec 2018 Jon has zero clean finishes over legit LHW challengers.

Even counting the finish of that 185er they fed him in 2013, a guy who had been destroyed inside 7 minutes in his previous fight, at 185, there's a half decade gap between clean finishes.

Last edited:
Silva was toying with guys while jones seemed to be in trouble at times, but you can argue that jones had tougher opposition.

This is pretty much what I think. It almost made me respect Jon more because he overcame adversity against Vitor and Machida. But geez it was entertaining to watch both!

Jon's been my favourite fighter to watch for a long, long time, but the premature eGOATulation from fanbois has always been embarrassing.

Reaching 25-0 at LHW with effectively 9 defenses, all Jon's done is caught up to Aldo, who accomplished the same thing in a deeper division.

This is pretty much what I think. It almost made me respect Jon more because he overcame adversity against Vitor and Machida. But geez it was entertaining to watch both!

The fact Jon was ever in trouble against a joke challenger like Vitor is a black mark on Jon and exposed what was a massive hole in his game at that time.

Remember Vitor was a short notice injury fill-in who hadn't even been in the cage with a 205er for HALF A FUCKING DECADE when the UFC made that joke match-up.

As for Machida, he was also a short-notice injury replacement and had zero wins over relevant opponents for the previous 2 years when he fought Jon, his only recent victory being over 793yo Randy.

Last edited:
Silva. Silva used to toy with opponents and any time he was in real trouble he finished those guys anyway until the latter parts of his career. Jones came close to getting subbed against another roid cheater in Vitor and got absolutely bludgeoned by Gus in their first fight in which to this day most people believe he lost. Doesn't matter anyway, both careers have asterisks next to them due to being cheaters with performance enhancing drugs.

Last edited:
Jones. Anderson was taken down and was in huge trouble by TUF Comeback winner Travis Lutter who could have actually won if he didn't drop for the laziest armbar attempt ever. Since then, the threat of the takedown remained a stylistic weakness of his which you could see the right opponent exploiting if they came around.

Jones has never shown that kind of glaring hole in his game EVER and all his opponents have against him is a fluke puncher's chance. You may cite the Gustaffson fight in response but then I would respond with the Chael fight where Anderson lost 4 and a half rounds to a guy many others had submitted way easier.

Jones = more well rounded than Anderson, faced better competition than Anderson, and would beat any version of Anderson.

That being said, Prime GSP = more dominant than both
this is the correct answer, but ignores the eyepokes.

Back