Who knew that Collar and Elbow Wrestling still existed? Well sort of...

Wow thanks for the rich information in the thread. Looking forward to hearing more about this type of wrestling.

Collar and Elbow wrestling seems to have such a rich history. Especially considering what you just presented, pertaining to prejudice.

I was never aware of C&E's history really. I've heard it mentioned, but never really described in CACC schools. I assumed it was just a ineffective style that eventually died out for a reason and CACC adopted a couple of techs from it. After rolling with a C&E guy, and starting this thread, I've learned so much more about it's history. I don't know about prejudice, but I was always taught that CACC stemmed primarily from Lancashire with some techs adopted from other styles. I didn't know anything about CACC being the result of style rivalries between Lancashire, Greco, and C&E. I thought is was created during the carnival contests. Learning that C&E was so effective during these contests was surprising.

hi ts do upload the video to youtube, will be an eye opener for us

Thank you scuffler and BY for bringing more info of a little-known art to light. After reading the thread from start to finish, I can't wait to see the material you've been working on.

I've been reading up on some of the lesser known wrestling styles and find collar and elbow wrestling extremely interesting.

*edit, totally forgot I'd already posted about looking forward to the videos*

Just read this whole thread. Hope your health is getting better Scuffler. I'm also looking forward to the video and I would like to see some live sparring or matches in either of the rules formats to give me (and others) an idea of how the matches went.

It's been a while since this thread was active. Can't wait to see those videos.

wonder if the c & e footsweeps were the strikes featured in purring contests?

i want to see that 30 leg lock flow so bad...fuck

I'm bumping this old thread to see if anyone knows what happened with scuffler or BY. Hopefully your alright scuffler... best wishes.

If there was ever a thread that deserves a bump, this is it, really interested in what will come of this
Posted via Mobile Device

this thread was on track to becoming epic. I wonder what happened to scuffler and blumpkin and that "little guy."

scuffler posts on the UG and sometimes on my board (which has been pretty inactive, mostly my fault I guess).

He made no mention of it, but I'll ask him (assuming it's the same scuffler - certainly sounds like him!)

Sorry for such the long wait. Didn't think anyone really cared about this thread. I've had lots of problems trying to post on this site. Keeps telling me my DST settings are updated and redirects me to the same message over and over and over. If this post makes it through, I'd be very surprised.

I haven't gotten a response from scuffler in a very long time. I know that he was having health problems in his old age. He did send a few things to me through email but only one video which I lost over a year ago when my computer crashed along with all the emails I had received from him. I've tried on numerous occasions to contact him but haven't received a response. I fear the worst might have occurred with his health. The video I received featured him and a young guy demonstrating the snail grapevine more thoroughly which was quite awesome actually.

The "little guy" shows up at our club every few months just to get some mat time and exchange ideas with us. Really skilled grappler but won't open a school until he receives training in another source. He feels that his credentials in c&e alone doesn't justify running a place due to c&e being so obscure. I've personally rolled with him and have witness him against better guys than me. He's more than qualified to instruct but still feels he has to start competing or become ranked in BJJ or CACC before taking that leap in today's economy.

Hope this message got thru which is why it's so long. I'll try to respond if the site allows. Took about 20 log in attempts to try this post.

Oh and I seriously doubt that scuffler is on your forum KJ, I would venture to say that it is someone using the same ID.

It seemed to post but it's not bumping up on the thread so hope you guys got to see my repsonse.

Very interesting thread. This art needs an aggressive salesman/promoter. I disagree that video instructionals would help the art die. I think it would bring awreness and legitemacy to pratitioners

Back