Who killed garret phillips hbo documentary

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

For all my crime story peeps.... and hbo junkies....

This is a great documentary about a murder trial
In upstate New York involving a black(Jamaican) soccer coach in an all white town accused of murdering his ex girlfriends son.

As usual it’s a case of mostly circumstantial evidence and the accused is judged in the media before he ever makes it to trial.

Check it out. It’s only two episodes but they are 85 minutes and 1 hour 44 minutes. So there’s enough there to really display a lot of theories and keep you on the edge of your seat.

FWIW in the same true crime documentary series on hbo they have another 2 part series on Michelle Carter the girl that got locked up for texting her bf to commit suicide.

Sounds good I'll check it out.

Another good HBO crime doc is Mommy Dead and Dearest. That one will make you change your mind about 5 times

Sounds good I'll check it out.

Another good HBO crime doc is Mommy Dead and Dearest. That one will make you change your mind about 5 times

This was good and also the dramatic series they did for Hulu on the same case was excellent as well.

i don't have hbo. what was your conclusion?

thought this was great. Liz Garbus' best work so far imo

Watched is a couple weeks ago. You're late to the party. ;)

It was pretty good though. Most of the HBO documentaries are good.

i don't have hbo. what was your conclusion?

I think John Jones did it in an attempt to frame nick Hillary for the crime so that he could win back his stolen lover while also damning the man that stole her.

Back