Who is your favorite Boxer of alltime?

hmm have to go with Bernard Hopkins here and thats coming from a swede!

Ok keep in mind im mexican. So i say Julio Cesar Chavez as my fav. but i also liked holyfield

Pernell Whitaker, he was one of the most intelligent fighters ever.
His only loss came after a two year lay-off.
And it was from Felix Trinidad,who was 8 years his juniour and 5 or 6 inches taller, and Pea still put up a good fight and showed us some amazing skill, it's one of his most entertaining fights.
He was also the first man to beat Chavez and draw against De La Hoya, though the judges robbed him on both accounts.

And it was from Felix Trinidad,who was 8 years his juniour and 5 or 6 inches taller, and Pea still put up a good fight and showed us some amazing skill, it's one of his most entertaining fights.
He was also the first man to beat Chavez and draw against De La Hoya, though the judges robbed him on both accounts.

He lost to DLH and Jose Luis Ramirez and he drew against Chavez.

Your info is really bad.

His first loss against Jose Luis Ramirez.

In 93' it was a DRAW agaist JCC. I belive JCC was done already(imo).

Pernell kept winning till 97', which he lost against DLH..

Then in 99' lost against Tito

Then lost in 01 for his first tko loss causing him to retire.

you cant state "judges robbed him"

That would change boxing. The judges decided not you.

ringnovember1981.jpeg

Every one knows he was robbed in the Chavez fight dude, watch it yourself! I had it 8rounds to 4 for Whitaker at the end of the fight Chavez looked tired and depressed, because he was out boxed.The judges made it a draw cause they were in San Antonio with thousands of Mexicans chanting Chavez' name.
The Ramirez fight was another farce, Ring magazine scored the fight 118-111 for Whitaker.And he made Ramirez look like a clown in their second fight.
Alot of people thought Whitaker won the Hoya fight (he did knock him down) including Larry Merchant, I thought it was to close to call, but theres no way Hoya won buy 3 or 4 points like the judges said. Whitaker was in control the entire fight.They should have had a re-match.
He lost to Tito.....The TKO you mention wasn't a real TKO. He hurt his shoulder during the fight and was un-able to continue,because he was really old, and shouldn't have stepped into the ring.

Every one knows he was robbed in the Chavez fight dude, watch it yourself! I had it 8rounds to 4 for Whitaker at the end of the fight Chavez looked tired and depressed, because he was out boxed.The judges made it a draw cause they were in San Antonio with thousands of Mexicans chanting Chavez' name.
The Ramirez fight was another farce, Ring magazine scored the fight 118-111 for Whitaker.And he made Ramirez look like a clown in their second fight.
Alot of people thought Whitaker won the Hoya fight (he did knock him down) including Larry Merchant, I thought it was to close to call, but theres no way Hoya won buy 3 or 4 points like the judges said. Whitaker was in control the entire fight.They should have had a re-match.
He lost to Tito.....The TKO you mention wasn't a real TKO. He hurt his shoulder during the fight and was un-able to continue,because he was really old, and shouldn't have stepped into the ring.

lol though you may be right, what you belive isnt the official word.

My opinion is JMM won. My opininon is DLH beat Mayweather. But its not like that on the records so im going to face that Pac beat jmm and that mayweather beat dlh.

And about the Chavez fight, no, it was a draw. Pernell did nothing but defence. once again no one cares my opinion.

Well a lot of people and most ringside experts thought JMM beat Manny in his last fight but that aint changing the outcome. You also forget to mention the gift Pernell receieved in the first Wilfredo Rivera fight which he clearly lost by about 4 rounds.

Well a lot of people and most ringside experts thought JMM beat Manny in his last fight but that aint changing the outcome. You also forget to mention the gift Pernell receieved in the first Wilfredo Rivera fight which he clearly lost by about 4 rounds.

lol

To the ones who watched the fight closely, really studied it and come to the conclusion JMM really beat Pac...YES it does change the outcome. Thats what we call a CONTROVERSY,
because half the room thinks he won and half the room thinks he lost.The judges don't make the decision for me. I make my own decisions and to rely on the questionable decision making
of any authority is foolish.

I'll have to re- watch the Rivera fight.

To the ones who watched the fight closely, really studied it and come to the conclusion JMM really beat Pac...YES it does change the outcome. Thats what we call a CONTROVERSY,
because half the room thinks he won and half the room thinks he lost.The judges don't make the decision for me. I make my own decisions and to rely on the questionable decision making
of any authority is foolish.

I'll have to re- watch the Rivera fight.

Thats not a controversy if its so close it could go either way. It could have been a close decision for JMM, it could have been a close decision for Paq, or a draw, and all would have been fair. A controversy is when its a robbery like casa vs santa cruz. Everyone claiming JMM was "robbed" need to renew their Adderall prescription.

72343052.jpg

Tommy Hearns is one of my favorites. He always had a confident and fearless aura about him. Even in his losses to the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, and the 3 greatest rounds of boxing in his loss to Marvelous Marvin Hagler, he stepped into the ring ready for a war, and never failed to deliver a few punishing blows even in losing efforts. The hitman was always exciting.

72343052.jpg

Tommy Hearns is one of my favorites. He always had a confident and fearless aura about him. Even in his losses to the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, and the 3 greatest rounds of boxing in his loss to Marvelous Marvin Hagler, he stepped into the ring ready for a war, and never failed to deliver a few punishing blows even in losing efforts. The hitman was always exciting.

Well said! Win lose or draw, Hearns fights were a joy to watch.

I also really like Evander Holyfield and Bernard Hopkins.

Holyfield never stopped working. His fights were always enjoyable. He also had the heart of a true champion, much like Ali did.

B-hop overcame adversity at a young age to develop into a legend of the sport. He sticks out to me because of his 21 consecutive title defenses, and his counter-punching style that presents problems for even the best of fighters. He has also never disappointed me in a big fight. The last 2 losses to Taylor IMO were flukes. JT rightfully earned the decisions on points, but in the true championship moments of each fight, it was Bernard who was doing the real damage. Although the 2 losses will remain, my opinion of him doesn't. Hes a legend.

Back