Who is your fav K-1 fighter to never win the tourney

Yeah, same with Tyrone Spong. He’s an amazing fighter though.

Notice how much smaller the way younger Tyrone Spong was when he fought prime Eporeem.
Reem looked like he was going to eat him for breakfast!
Spong should’ve been terrified as fuck, but he really wasn’t. It actually looked like Henri Hooft was more terrified than Spong himself being in the ring with such a monster, respect!

upload_2022-7-30_15-57-53-jpeg.934773

upload_2022-7-30_15-59-3-jpeg.934774

upload_2022-7-30_15-59-47-jpeg.934775

upload_2022-7-30_16-0-53-jpeg.934776

upload_2022-7-30_16-5-8-jpeg.934777

upload_2022-7-30_16-11-34-jpeg.934779
I loved it hen Saki fought Overeem. He went into the fight injured but was unleashing combos with his left hand until he got kicked

spong was a great Kickboxer. It’s a shame about his injuries and his switch to boxing and mma

Last edited:
I loved it hen Saki fought Overeem. He went into the fight injured but was unleashing combos with his left hand until he got kicked

spong was a great Kickboxer. It’s a shame about his injuries and his switch to boxing and mma
Saki was on fire as long as that fight lasted!

WGP-
JLB and Hari are guys that I consider to be on par with the majority of WGP champions, in terms or resume and skill. Ignashov, Sefo, Filo, Bernardo, and Greco were also guys who had the potential to win the finals.

Kaoklia, Taiei Kin, and Melvin Manoef were all fun to watch and would have been serious contenders had they been proper heavyweights.

Max-
Kyshenko is the obvious top fighter that didn't win the crown. He should have started fighting at the it's Showtime 73kg or 77kg classes after 2009. Hanging around 70kg did him no favors.

Mike Zambidis was always an exciting fighter that remained a serious contender despite being under sized. Gago Drago was always fun to watch and seemed to be one of the next top guys before falling off. Sato was a great MAX fighter who the Japanese fans neglected, imo.

WGP-
JLB and Hari are guys that I consider to be on par with the majority of WGP champions, in terms or resume and skill. Ignashov, Sefo, Filo, Bernardo, and Greco were also guys who had the potential to win the finals.

Kaoklia, Taiei Kin, and Melvin Manoef were all fun to watch and would have been serious contenders had they been proper heavyweights.

Max-
Kyshenko is the obvious top fighter that didn't win the crown. He should have started fighting at the it's Showtime 73kg or 77kg classes after 2009. Hanging around 70kg did him no favors.

Mike Zambidis was always an exciting fighter that remained a serious contender despite being under sized. Gago Drago was always fun to watch and seemed to be one of the next top guys before falling off. Sato was a great MAX fighter who the Japanese fans neglected, imo.

If Manhoef had a granite chin and had actually fought in a weightclass for his size in K1 he would have been so crazy. Manhoef doesn't have the best chin and yet he fought guys like Mark Hunt even though he's smaller than Petrosyan who fights at 70kg...

Manhoef and Zambidis are two of the most exciting fighters i've ever watched in any combat sport.

If Manhoef had a granite chin and had actually fought in a weightclass for his size in K1 he would have been so crazy. Manhoef doesn't have the best chin and yet he fought guys like Mark Hunt even though he's smaller than Petrosyan who fights at 70kg...

Manhoef and Zambidis are two of the most exciting fighters i've ever watched in any combat sport.
His chin wasnt always as bad as it became. Dude was just too small to be takin stuff off these big guys

His chin wasnt always as bad as it became. Dude was just too small to be takin stuff off these big guys

Oh i know, i'm just saying if he had a granite chin and was in a proper weight class he'd probably have dominated. Dude has some of the best technique for leg kicks i've ever seen.

Oh i know, i'm just saying if he had a granite chin and was in a proper weight class he'd probably have dominated. Dude has some of the best technique for leg kicks i've ever seen.
Man, Manhoef fucked up Robbie Lawler’s leg so badly until he got caught

Wait, Manhoef is a few inches shorter than Petro but is way thicker and weighs a lot more.

I agree though, I wish K-1 would of had a weight class between MAX and HW. Could of had some epic tournaments.

Wait, Manhoef is a few inches shorter than Petro but is way thicker and weighs a lot more.

I agree though, I wish K-1 would of had a weight class between MAX and HW. Could of had some epic tournaments.

Unfortunately Manhoef has one of those builds where he's the height of 70kgers, but he's bulkier than everyone below LHW and HW. Again, i love Melvin, but i just wish he'd competed at a different weight. Those leg kicks were chef's kiss.

Unfortunately Manhoef has one of those builds where he's the height of 70kgers, but he's bulkier than everyone below LHW and HW. Again, i love Melvin, but i just wish he'd competed at a different weight. Those leg kicks were chef's kiss.
Ya his hand to leg kick combos were a big influence on me for sure, especially after seeing this:

K-1 had those supermiddle and lightheavy weight, k-2 and k-3, tournaments in the 90's. It's a shame that they got scrapped.

I don't really have a favorite, but I really respect Francois Botha for stepping in the ring and showing a lot of heart, especially as his skillset was limited. I remembered him as being outmatched, generally, but always pushing the pace, etc.

Back