Who is your all time GOAT & where do u think JBJ stands in comparison

I said ON PAPER.... meaning before the fight everyone thought CC was the superior fighter. Jeezus christ!

You do realize that Jones did the same thing on Saturday, right?

How about you actually look at the skills and accomplishments of the fighters, rather than use the BULLSHIT weight excuse. If they make the weight, all is game.

Especially since Jones has been doing a pretty small weight cut lately.

That is about the stupidest thing I've ever seen on Sherdog and I have seen plenty.

Since nobody has actually ever done 3 weight classes and only two guys ever have done 2 what you're basically saying is no matter how many guys Jones beats or how much better his competition is you won't give him the nod.

I personally have Anderson Silva as the GOAT though I consider Fedor a completely legit alternative option.

Jones is within 2 defense of Silva's title defense streak and is doing so against better competition. If he can win 1 more I'd consider it a tie and if Jones can win 2 more then I'd give him the nod.

If you're doing something other people has already done, how does that make you the GOAT? So what's wrong with me saying 3 weight classes?

And i don't think you know what GOAT means. Greatest of all time.
No doubt Jones is the best LHW there is and ever was..... but we are talking across all weight classes now.

I said ON PAPER.... meaning before the fight everyone thought CC was the superior fighter. Jeezus christ!

Who wrote the PAPER? I don't remember a paper being written on this subject.

Anyway, I would say Fedor had the most impressive unbeaten streak but hard to call him GOAT considering the talent GSP, Bones and Anderson have had to face compared to his. Fedor sealed his fate of being out of the running for GOAT when he wouldn't (or couldn't, whatever it was) sign with the UFC, then went 1-3 in Strikeforce.

Fedor is my favorite fighter of all time, but even I can't claim he's the GOAT.

BTW, to answer the OP's initial question: Jon Jones. MM was competing on my list, after Aldo, but that was a great performance. I really thought DC was going to KO him after the second, but he adjusted and kept going. I do not believe that DC was over hyped or over rated. JBJ stepped up yet another level to rise to the new and greater challenge.

I do hope Gus has another level or two in him as well. It would be awesome for there to be a Swedish champion, but I don't think he will be able to compete as well a second time.

Who wrote the PAPER? I don't remember a paper being written on this subject.

Anyway, I would say Fedor had the most impressive unbeaten streak but hard to call him GOAT considering the talent GSP, Bones and Anderson have had to face compared to his. Fedor sealed his fate of being out of the running for GOAT when he wouldn't (or couldn't, whatever it was) sign with the UFC, then went 1-3 in Strikeforce.

Fedor is my favorite fighter of all time, but even I can't claim he's the GOAT.

Looking back now, it probably wouldn't mean anything even if he did sign with the UFC at the time 'cos he was basically on the way out of his prime during his time in Strikeforce.

Anyone that doesn't think Jones is one of the best that ever lived is living in denial.

You missed the part where i said Fedor always finds a way to win.
AA was winning the round on points and then we all know what happened.

Actually, when they showed that fight from different camera angles than the ones that aired on the PPV, it was clear that Fedor slipped almost all of Arlovski's strikes.

If you're doing something other people has already done, how does that make you the GOAT? So what's wrong with me saying 3 weight classes?

And i don't think you know what GOAT means. Greatest of all time.
No doubt Jones is the best LHW there is and ever was..... but we are talking across all weight classes now.

Just so we're clear, you're basically saying that Fedor is the GOAT because he did something first, not because he is the best there ever was.

Brady Bunch wisdom

Mike Brady to Peter Brady "When you're arguing on Sherdog son, you're really just arguing with yourself"

And all I was doing was trying to help this fella understand one (of the very many) reasons someone is laughing at him in this thread.

Bones is the GOAT imo then probably Anderson, Fedor, GSP in that order

GOAT talk is stupid, this sport has only been around for 25 years

There's an argument for Fedor, GSP, Silva, and Jones. I don't think any of them are clearly ahead of the other currently.

Jones is obviously in a very good position to change that. At most, he's only 2 fights away. That would tie him with Silva for title defenses. He would also essentially be unbeaten. Add that in with the rest of his accomplishments.

He'd be tied for #1 defenses against a much more impressive set of opponents.

Just so we're clear, you're basically saying that Fedor is the GOAT because he did something first, not because he is the best there ever was.

Good luck. It may appear that he has a discernible argument in mind based on the text he has written, but no one has ever known for sure.

There's an argument for Fedor, GSP, Silva, and Jones. I don't think any of them are clearly ahead of the other currently.

Jones is obviously in a very good position to change that. At most, he's only 2 fights away. That would tie him with Silva for title defenses. He would also essentially be unbeaten. Add that in with the rest of his accomplishments.

He'd be tied for #1 defenses against a much more impressive set of opponents.

But he's tall.

Fedor for many reasons. I'll just leave it like this.

Fedor - HW GOAT
Jones - LHW GOAT
Anderson - MW GOAT
GSP - WW GOAT
Aldo - LW GOAT

Back