Who is/was the most dominant athlete across all sports?

giphy.gif
S9KjZAb.gif

anigif_longform-original-10922-1401920350-15.gif

Chicago-Bulls-Michael-Jordan-Last-Shot-Game-Six-vs-Utah-Jazz.gif

WTO7.gif

QgcdxXs.jpg
Nope. In terms of dominance, he doesn't even lead his sport. If we are talking team sports than Gretzky is so far ahead of anyone else it makes this question irrelevant.

In before someone names some cricket player from 1931

Ok, but in his prime (who cares about past prime), Sugar Ray only lost 1 out of 131 fights and that was to Jake Lamotta which he then beat two other times. That's pretty dominant.

Sugar Ray is incredible. I'm not sure what we are debating. We are comparing an era of boxing so long ago that Hitler was alive and the world population was far less than half what it is today and guys are fighting every week coming off of loses. It's just different competition and setup, apples to oranges.

Saying Mayweather as most dominated isn't crazy. He's undefeated with no draws in the modern era, 26 victories in world title fights. I just don't know how Mayweather isn't considered dominate when statistically he is. You quoted me like I said something crazy.

Sugar Ray is incredible. I'm not sure what we are debating. We are comparing an era of boxing so long ago that Hitler was alive and the world population was far less than half what it is today and guys are fighting every week coming off of loses. It's just different competition and setup, apples to oranges.

Saying Mayweather as most dominated isn't crazy. He's undefeated with no draws in the modern era, 26 victories in world title fights. I just don't know how Mayweather isn't considered dominate when statistically he is. You quoted me like I said something crazy.
I'm with the other guy. The question is dominance. And winning 141 fights is more dominant than winning 40. I agree with ur point that it's much harder to do now and the talent pool is deeper. But that's not the question

I'm with the other guy. The question is dominance. And winning 141 fights is more dominant than winning 40. I agree with ur point that it's much harder to do now and the talent pool is deeper. But that's not the question

Hey... we agree on something for the first time.

Maybe... I want to see the first few games post Covid. I'm sure how each team comes back after the lockdown.
covid raps are a better team than the Celtics. Pascal is the best player on the floor. Raps play better defense have more depth and are stronger in three positions

Kyle Over Kemba
Tatum over norm
Og and brown are even. Brown is better offensively while OG is better defensively
Pascal over any Celtic
And skinny Marc over whomever the Celts decide to play C

Raps also have an insane depth advantage

covid raps are a better team than the Celtics. Pascal is the best player on the floor. Raps play better defense have more depth and are stronger in three positions

Kyle Over Kemba
Tatum over norm
Og and brown are even. Brown is better offensively while OG is better defensively
Pascal over any Celtic
And skinny Marc over whomever the Celts decide to play C

Raps also have an insane depth advantage

You need to watch the Celts more bro.

I worry about the Sixers and the Celts look like they'll play em second round..moving Ben out of point guard is a great move..they arent nearly as good as they were last year losing Jimmy and JJ, but the font court is stacked @PolishHeadlock2

I worry about the Sixers and the Celts look like they'll play em second round..moving Ben out of point guard is a great move..they arent nearly as good as they were last year losing Jimmy and JJ, but the font court is stacked @PolishHeadlock2

I was on the Brett Brown bandwagon but if it turns out that Jimmy left because of hi I'm going to be piiiiissssssed

I was on the Brett Brown bandwagon but if it turns out that Jimmy left because of hi I'm going to be piiiiissssssed
You had the perfect team..if it wasn't for kawhi youd be champs. It's tough to see players leave but JJ was ur saving grace..he stretched the floor and that's what you need

I do. I watch almost every game . What do you disagree with?

Depth advantage is debatable. The Celts bench is young and unproven, but talented and getting better. Also, although you think Lowry is a superstar, Kemba is no joke. That matchup is closer than you think.

Depth advantage is debatable. The Celts bench is young and unproven, but talented and getting better. Also, although you think Lowry is a superstar, Kemba is no joke. That matchup is closer than you think.
Kemba and Lowry is close . Although one has averaged 20/7/7 over 5 years making te playoffs every year and the other has averaged 19/5/2 . It's not close and if you think the Celts depth is close to the raps I'm not sure what to tell you . Raps have the most depth in the NBA and it's not even close

Well there ya go folks. President Trump proved this debate with math. 141 > 40.

<TheDonald>

End thread.

#trump2020

Back