who is tj dillashaw?

Maybe, just maybe if you watched fights on a regular basis instead of just the main event of your "big stars" and cared about skilled and rising fighters on each division you would know who TJ is, considering he has won 6 of his last 7, fought his last two fights on the main card and won fight of the night once. Not watching TUF is not an excuse, the guy is super active and has been on exciting fights, if you don't know who he is, you simply don't watch fights, or you watch but don't really care because you can't enjoy a fight where "you don't know who these guys are".

I'm all for jumping on TS for not knowing who Dillashaw is, but his larger point has some validity to it. The UFC does a crappy job marketing guys and building stars these days. Maybe I'm just looking at the past with rose-colored glasses, but it seems like they used to do a much better job of introducing challengers than they do now, both by putting them in featured fights and through the use of Countdown and "All Access" shows, etc.

I agree. I know full well who TJ is since TUF. He was the guy who thought he was better than everyone else and said he should get the easy route. That's how I've always remembered him, and he was really impressed me the last few years. It's really a shame that Ludwig left because that's when his improvement started. Hopefully Kampmann can bring them that same kind of drastic improvement.

Anywho, these days the UFC does lack a lot with marketing. But I feel like that because we have almost twice the weight classes and wayyyy more fight cards than we did 5-6 years ago . Dillawshaw is a bad example though because he was on TUF and fought multiple times.

I don't go out of my way as an MMA fan and I am very well aware who Dillashaw is. It seems idiotic to post so arrogantly about a sport you don't follow.

If you dont know who TJ is that's because you dont follow MMA at all, who cares if you know them, or you are interested

Ha, agreed. I've gone from an ultimate fan of the UFC, knowing a huge portion of the roster to not knowing fighters in the main event. I literally could not put a face to TJ Dilshew's name if I tried. I'd consider myself to be a bigger fan than the average, everyday 'casual' fan to.

Stop lying to us. You're not a UFC fanatic.
Dillashaw has been in great fights for a couple of years now, and he's elite.

Just because you don't know anything about MMA doesn't mean these guys are low level.

aaa.jpg

Word on the street he's a suspect.
OG Bobby Johnson they callem.

He's some guy who won me vCash and some real cash. That's all I care about.

Not knowing who a fighter is, who isn't a super star is not worth "jumping on". I've been following UFC and MMA as a huge fan since I was a teenager in the early 2000's, watching every event I can and I had never heard of TJ Dillashaw until he was announced as Barao's next opponent... that some how makes me not a fan of the sport? GTFO. Some people have lives outside of keeping up with MMA.
Dillashaw has been in the UFC since 2011. Was on TUF and had 7 fights in the UFC before his title shot. If you didn't recognize his name before the announcement of this fight then you are nowhere near the fan you state you are.

Dillashaw has been in the UFC since 2011. Was on TUF and had 7 fights in the UFC before his title shot. If you didn't recognize his name before the announcement of this fight then you are nowhere near the fan you state you are.

Man that statement made me do some self reflecting. I must be more of a casual fan than before, because I haven't seen a lot of him. Goes to show I need watch more UFC events/TUF :/

aaa.jpg

BRET HARTE UNION HIGH SCHOOL BULLFROGS WRESTLING, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

How do you don't know about the Mighty Bullfrogs from Calaveras County?

Frogtown.

They have a Jumping Frog Jubilee every May. It is world famous.

Man that statement made me do some self reflecting. I must be more of a casual fan than before, because I haven't seen a lot of him. Goes to show I need watch more UFC events/TUF :/
Tbh, I think most of his fights have been very early in the prelims. I pay more attention to him because I recognize him from wrestling.

I was hoping he'd win but I thought it was a long shot. And the size difference was staggering.
Guy has made incredible improvements.

Tbh, I think most of his fights have been very early in the prelims. I pay more attention to him because I recognize him from wrestling.

I was hoping he'd win but I thought it was a long shot. And the size difference was staggering.
Guy has made incredible improvements.

He's actually more of a mid-carder as opposed to a very early prelim kind of guy.

Alot of people are probably feeling mighty stupid right now. Some of the comments on the first 3 pages are cracking me up since TJ just beat the breaks of Barao.

How many belts does the US have now? All but Aldo's?(which Pettis within a years time).

Serious American domination of the UFC belts.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but you are more of a casual than the two million TUF n00bs who watched him make it to the finals.

Hate to break it to you, but I've been a fan of the sport for quite some time and have yet to see a single episode of that silly show.

People on this site are funny: If you don't know someone you're a noob, and conversely, if I don't know someone, the UFC sucks at marketing.

I can accept that I don't follow as much as some of you guys, though I'm sure I'm more than a casual fan. Y'all be black/white.

But anyway, Dana's PFP got his shit pushed in last night by this 'no name'.

Back