who is tj dillashaw?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously. If the UFC want me to get interested in these lower level title fights, they need to hype these guys up.

The way they are doing it right now, putting these guys on the preliminaries and then next fight giving them a title shot, I have no idea who they are, how they fight, and why I should even care.

At least have some promo videos or something. Have them fight as co-main event if they are building them up to be number one contender.

Sorry, Renan Barao may be good, but he speaks no English and has shown no personality. If you want me to be interested in his fight, then he's gonna need a strong built up opponent. I have no idea who this "TJ Dillashaw" is.

You'll get to know more about him in the following Sunday obituaries.

Seriously. If the UFC want me to get interested in these lower level title fights, they need to hype these guys up.

The way they are doing it right now, putting these guys on the preliminaries and then next fight giving them a title shot, I have no idea who they are, how they fight, and why I should even care.

At least have some promo videos or something. Have them fight as co-main event if they are building them up to be number one contender.

Sorry, Renan Barao may be good, but he speaks no English and has shown no personality. If you want me to be interested in his fight, then he's gonna need a strong built up opponent. I have no idea who this "TJ Dillashaw" is.

Ha, agreed. I've gone from an ultimate fan of the UFC, knowing a huge portion of the roster to not knowing fighters in the main event. I literally could not put a face to TJ Dilshew's name if I tried. I'd consider myself to be a bigger fan than the average, everyday 'casual' fan to.

seriously. If the ufc want me to get interested in these lower level title fights, they need to hype these guys up.

The way they are doing it right now, putting these guys on the preliminaries and then next fight giving them a title shot, i have no idea who they are, how they fight, and why i should even care.

Sorry, renan barao may be good, but he speaks no english and has shown no personality. If you want me to be interested in his fight, then he's gonna need a strong built up opponent. I have no idea who this "tj dillashaw" is.

this is fighting

just watch barao and enjoy. If you don

TJ is solid. It's not the UFC's fault that your not a fan or knowledgeable of the sport. Some people actually follow the sport and don't need the hype train shoved down their throat to realize fighters talents.

If you don't know who TJ Dillashaw is you're probably not really a fan of MMA.

I would call you a TUF n00b, but even they know who Dillashaw is.

TJ is a fire man.

Look at moraga. Dude fought every fight on Facebook and then fought for the title. Guess where his next fight after Mighty Mouse was? Facebook.

can someone post a TJ Dillashaw highlight reel so I can become familiar with his fight style?

Look at moraga. Dude fought every fight on Facebook and then fought for the title. Guess where his next fight after Mighty Mouse was? Facebook.

This is an example of how the UFC has done a terrible job creating stars. If they don't fix the issue, there will continue to be a decline in popularity of the sport, which is something no core fan should want. They really need to put the lighter weight guys in a position to shine and in a position where people will pay to see them. Better spots on cards, more human interest pieces, and a lot of Rachelle Leah following them around for their own specials. The sport is great, it should be easy to do the rest.

Someone who will be back on the prelims.

TJ Dillishaw wouldve been legit in a few more fights, this fights a bit too early for him, but who else in that division was around at the time to fight Barao?

Didnt Faber big up Dillishaw and ask for him to get the next shot after his last fight with Barao?

Ha, agreed. I've gone from an ultimate fan of the UFC, knowing a huge portion of the roster to not knowing fighters in the main event. I literally could not put a face to TJ Dilshew's name if I tried. I'd consider myself to be a bigger fan than the average, everyday 'casual' fan to.
Well, I hate to break it to you, but you are more of a casual than the two million TUF n00bs who watched him make it to the finals.

When your division isn't full of marquee names then you have to pull contenders from whoever is winning consistently or only has losses to champions and contenders.

However, posters shouldn't pretend that knowing who TJ Dillashaw is makes you a true fan or knowledgeable about MMA; TJ is a mid-card athlete who isn't that big of a name outside his failed TUF stint.

It's not like TJ's opponents are household names, even if they are good fighters.
"If you don't know Walel Wilson and Hugo Viana then you are obviously not an MMA fan."

It wasn't until his last few opponents that we've seen name value in his opponents, and even then has TJ ever been the headliner or co-mainevent for a UFC card?

Out of the last six fights on the UFC 173 card, Dillashaw has the least experience in the cage... it's not until you drop to the prelims and webcast matches that you find fighters with the same amount of fights.

We can't all be Chris Weidman.

Back