Who is the worst fighter to fight for a UFC title in the last 5 years?

Already dealt with that. He does belong in this discussion, just as BJ would if he were given a title shot in the last 3 years. Past accomplishments don't earn you a title shot many years later.
Mmmmm they clearly earn you title shots , I agree they shouldn’t but it’s obvious they do

I think you mean "least deserving". It was a clear demonstration of Bisping's influence that he was able to get Hendo a title fight.

His performance, even at his advanced age wasn't bad. .

True about his performance, but that says more about Bisping than Hendo. Remember, a WW came out of a multi-year retirement and ACL injuries and KO'd Bisping in his next fight. Bisping wouldn't have been competitive against Jacare or Romero...not at that point in his career.

To this day and after six years in the UFC, Bethe has defeated fighters with a combined UFC record of : 5-12 (with four of those wins coming from Jessica Eyes alone).

You guys convinced me. I moved Bethe back up to #1 and Penne down to #3

The #1 spot is all yours Bethe!

giphy.gif

8Oft.gif

Darren Till
- Gifted win over Wonderboy
- Missed weighed multiple time

Neckless Hendo and he almost won. Bisping is a clown.

Henderson is one of the goats, man. He in no way deserves to be lumped with Lewis and Corea

He was 3-7 in his last 10 and 46 years old.

Hendo was a beast for sure, but his beef with Bisping is what got him the title shot.

Thought this was gonna be a thinly veiled conor hate thread but in actuality ,its a thinly veiled wmma hate thread. Lol

Man you guys are way too fuckin harsh on darren till

Anyone who goes 9-1 and beats 2 top 5ers back-to-back deserves the title shot, even if everyone knows he has no chance. He was legit #3 by all the traditional ways we do rankings.

And Tim Elliott might be ahead of him on the list anyway.

I don't really keep a close eye on WMMA (I'd probably say I keep two closed ones), so I'm going to go with Derrick Lewis, as I thought his title shot was a real big fucking joke from the moment it was announced. He proved to be just as worthless a challenger as everyone with half a brain expected. The only time a fight for a title should have been on the prelims.

Derrick Lewis

Not that his record was bad but skill-wise it made it nearly a farce.

Literally in his post fight interview before the title shot he admitted he shouldn't be in a title fight.

No-TRT, 46-year Hendo for the men. I don't watch WMMA enough to comment on that. Dan was 3-7 in his last 10 fights. And he still gave Bisping a decent match.

Let's be honest: he still won. That alone should disqualify him from being the worst challenger.

PED-less, PED Henderson by far. At the time he fought Bisping, neither should've been fighting for a belt. Idgaf if it was competitive. Bisping shouldn't have been in there. Bisping should've lost his belt by then. PED Henderson by far.

Fuck WMMA. That shit sucks so bad its normal for bad fighters to get a shot.

Let's be honest: he still won. That alone should disqualify him from being the worst challenger.

No, that just means Bisping was one of the most fluke-ish champs ever. A well past-his-prime WW (after a LONG layoff) KO'd him in his next fight.

Anthony Smith. LOL at Lewis. He was 9-1 in his last 10. Smith was a MW wash out that beat 2 over the hill LHW on the brink of retirement before subbing Volkan after losing the first 2 rounds.

Back