Who is the worst fighter to fight for a UFC title in the last 5 years?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO

1. Bethe Correia
2. Roxanne Modaferri
3. Jessica Penne
4. Raquel Pennington
5. Derrick Lewis

Last edited:
Gotta go with Modaferri. I think she'd lose to Bethe if they fought.

No-TRT, 46-year Hendo for the men. I don't watch WMMA enough to comment on that. Dan was 3-7 in his last 10 fights. And he still gave Bisping a decent match. I'm not being disrespectful to Hendo's career or accomplishments, but he wasn't a contender when he fought Bisping...not even close. Lewis at least had a good run before Cormier tooled him.

I was about to bring Anthony Smith's name to the table, but I admit that we have other contenders worse than him.

Last edited:
Penne used to be pretty game in the women's division, better than Roxy at least.
Roxy is up there. And Hendo, although his fight was closer than expected. Hendo absolutely didn't deserve a shot, at least

Conor. Never defended and already retired. Taps so fast he doesn’t even give his opponents enough time to lock in the choke.

Henderson is one of the goats, man. He in no way deserves to be lumped with Lewis and Corea

Already dealt with that. He does belong in this discussion, just as BJ would if he were given a title shot in the last 3 years. Past accomplishments don't earn you a title shot many years later.

Beche 100% WMMA was so infant even she got a title shot lol.

No-TRT, 46-year Hendo for the men. I don't watch WMMA enough to comment on that. Dan was 3-7 in his last 10 fights. And he still gave Bisping a decent match. I'm not being disrespectful to Hendo's career or accomplishments, but he wasn't a contender when he fought Bisping...not even close. Lewis at least had a good run before Cormier tooled him.

I think you mean "least deserving". It was a clear demonstration of Bisping's influence that he was able to get Hendo a title fight.

His performance, even at his advanced age wasn't bad. Post PRIDE he has literally fought a "Murderer's Row" of fighters jumping between 185 and 205 for the most part, excepting his stunning KO of Fedor at Heavyweight.

Chris Cariaso wasn't too great and looked like he borrowed his father real man's size suit

hqdefault.jpg

To this day and after six years in the UFC, Bethe has defeated fighters with a combined UFC record of : 5-12 (with four of those wins coming from Jessica Eye alone).

It can be rephrased as : Bethe Correia has never beaten anyone with a winning UFC record, and only two of her ten wins have a UFC victory on their record.

Last edited:
Back