Who is the USADA-era GOAT?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Let's pretend the sport started in July 2015. Nothing before then counts. In other words, GSP is a non-entity. Anderson is 0-2.

Off the top of my head, Michael Bisping is the USADA-era GOAT. 3-0 with wins over Leites, Anderson, and Rockhold. MW champ.

I'm sure there are other worthy contenders. Maybe even better than Bisping.

What say you?

Conor. He looks the same.

Ok, he lost 1 fight but if he wins his next fight there will be no doubt.

Lawler was doing good too.

Thompson is doing good.

Dominick is the second best.

Then Ferguson.

There are other fights who did really good in they only 1 fight so far, such as Cain, Woodley and Khabib, but you need at least 2 fights to be considered.

are we talking in the universe or just amongst human race?

Mighty Mouse.

It's always been Mighty Mouse.

I mean technically Bisping beat Anderson but let's not act like it was a dominant performance. I thought Silva won. At the very least it should have been a draw.

Nate gets my vote. I think Diaz bros are a bit underrated now in the usada era as they were one of the few clean fighters before. When you get popped for smth silly like weed multiple times, you are likely clean.
Having the cardio to wrestle**** them now is not gonna be as easy as before.

Bisping too though his fights with Leites and Anderson were v close(I thought he won both still).

Mousasi - He gets overlooked bc he didn't beat top contenders in the usada era but I believe he will be the MW "Usada era GOAT". I think you have to clearly favor him to beat Bisping.

Conor. He looks the same.

Ok, he lost 1 fight but if he wins his next fight there will be no doubt.

Lawler was doing good too.

Thompson is doing good.

Dominick is the second best.

Then Ferguson.

There are other fights who did really good in they only 1 fight so far, such as Cain, Woodley and Khabib, but you need at least 2 fights to be considered.

He's 1-1. The W was a controversial SD, the L a 1st round KO.

I mean technically Bisping beat Anderson but let's not act like it was a dominant performance. I thought Silva won. At the very least it should have been a draw.
Not sure if it was post usada but the Leites fight was closer than it should've been, more so than the Anderson fight.
Vs Anderson he has a valid excuse of eating a huge knee bc he was a moron and was expecting the ref to ask for a break. Before that I remember him dominating.

He's 1-1. The W was a controversial SD, the L a 1st round KO.
USADA was active when Lawler finished Rory. That was also the best performance of his career. His striking coach retired after that fight. But lets accuse him of steroids and never being the same after USADA...

How do you figure?
Well he did good in a technical fight against a top 5 p4p and completely outclassed Faber
Bisping had a good run but he didn't looked great on the Leites fight

Not sure if it was post usada but the Leites fight was closer than it should've been, more so than the Anderson fight.
Vs Anderson he has a valid excuse of eating a huge knee bc he was a moron and was expecting the ref to ask for a break. Before that I remember him dominating.
The Leites fight was very close too you're right.

As far as the Silva fight goes, Anderson did more than just land the big knee. He basically dominated the entire 3rd ( round with the knee) round, possibly a 10-8 round. The 4th round was closer, but I still thought Silva edged it out. 5th was a clear Silva round, he had Bisping hurt again towards the end.

The only two rounds Bisping won were the first two and they were fairly close. Anderson should have got the decision, a draw if we're being generous to Bisping. It was a hometown decision, although not the worst hometown decision. (Sanchez/Pearson)

Back