Who is the undistputed, PEOPLES CHAMP?

I think it refers to a very well liked or inspirational fighter. Its not like a participation trophy as you have to be good as AND do something special, like sakuraba tapping conan and then schooling the gracies, all while remaining humble.

You’re talking about fighters that myself, and a huge percentage of these boards have never seen fight.

I don’t understand. I was under the impression that it meant a fighter that either never got his deserved shot, for whatever reason. Or a fighter that was clearly robbed of a decision in a title fight.

Very well liked. Aren’t there hundreds of those? So anybody can be the People’s Champ?

You’re talking about fighters that myself, and a huge percentage of these boards have never seen fight.

I don’t understand. I was under the impression that it meant a fighter that either never got his deserved shot, for whatever reason. Or a fighter that was clearly robbed of a decision in a title fight.

Very well liked. Aren’t there hundreds of those? So anybody can be the People’s Champ?

I guess being robbed could be another way to look at it. And yes a lot of fighters are very well liked, but some are almost universally loved. Like Holloway or shogun.

Also you should look up a lot of these fighters, they are amazing to watch.

Yeah you might say that, but I don’t mind stealin’ bread from the mouths of decadants. Dana can’t feed on the powerless, when his cup’s already overfilled. But it’s on the announcer’s table, and the PPV’s cookin’. And Izzy’s farmin’ babies, and Chimeav’s smeshin’.The blood is on the mat, and Gaethje’s chokin’. And guys like Ken Shamrock goin’ hungry.
*decadence

Bravo on the play on lyrics. Well done.

i

Let's not forget that Tito literally changed his nickname and labelled himself "The People's Champ"

Shogun probably.

Very hard to see people talk shit about him.
Cigano is a good option too.

Yeah you might say that, but I don’t mind stealin’ bread from the mouths of decadants. Dana can’t feed on the powerless, when his cup’s already overfilled. But it’s on the announcer’s table, and the PPV’s cookin’. And Izzy’s farmin’ babies, and Chimeav’s smeshin’.The blood is on the mat, and Gaethje’s chokin’. And guys like Ken Shamrock goin’ hungry.
<36><36><36><6>

Shogun

Dad bod athlete
Still fights after half a dozen major injuries
Always goes to war
Knockouts
Nothing but respectful and honorable
Warrior

Eaty sleepy trainy

Eh, true. Not here at least.

I see so many words thrown around here that seem to have numerous definitions. I just wish Sherdog could at least come to a consensus on definitions at least. So I can tell wtf everybody means at least. It shouldn’t be that hard. The acronym GOAT, as far as I can tell has absolutely no meaning. You can’t have 50 GOATS, you guys. By definition it means “ONE”.

But, people that have never won a belt. Or in certain cases have never even beaten a top 20 opponent are called GOAT. How ridiculous can some people be?

I thought it meant a fighter who is avoided by the champion and considered the champ in the eyes of fans.

Back