Who Is The Top At...

theocean

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who do you consider to be the best artist at a certain sub???
Best armbar practioner
best triangle
best kneebar
etc...

well i guess cross armbar off the list

Shinya Aoki has a mean armbar. He's just as likely to get it from standing as he is from the ground. He has tons of flying armbar sub wins in Judo, and I think a few in MMA.

^ He has a vicious standing arm lock win in mma - one of the 'fast armbar' family of moves that you see from time to time in high level competition and that almost always result in an arm injury (why we don't get to use those in training - although there is a very cool one from knee on belly). In Aoki's version, he shattered Keith Wisniewski's forearm. It's on youtube, and a little tough to watch....

Armbar....Aoki is really good
Triangle...Why Mikey from Long Island of couse!
Kneebar... there's a Sambo guy in one of the smaller organizations who has more wins by leglock than anybody else in MMA. Can't remember his name. I'll have to look it up.

Yeah. I think that was a standing wakigatame. Really fast, no time to tap. Instant breakage.

He's pretty much mastered the armbar. Wakigatame's and flying armbars from standing, good armbars from the guard and on top, he's very dangerous with it.

As for the kneebar, check out Emyr "Shark" Bussade of ATT (one of my former BJJ teachers). He has a nasty kneebar. I think he has 3 or 4 MMA wins via kneebar.

this is one of his recent fights.

YouTube - Emyr Bussade vs. Jesse Lennox

He was fishing for the kneebar the whole fight, and when he got it locked up, it's not pretty. The guy's scream of pain is cringe inducing.

he's the best at armbar period. With his pull guard armbar strategy, and tapping out purples and browns as a white belt, he must be the next BJ Penn.

lol

Yup, best armbar definitely goes to BMA_MAT, soon to be best at triangles.

Yup, best armbar definitely goes to BMA_MAT, soon to be best at triangles.
With his incredible patented "knee on biceps", which no one has ever heard of before. Rickson fears bma_mat's knee on biceps to triangle.

Masakazu Imanari....

He's up there for leg and foot submissions.....At least for MMA...

the knee bar was nastayyy.... i was going to add imanari for all round leg carnage but its been said.

no doubt marcelo for arm drags , especially to RNC.

and jacare for ankle pick judo TD.

Armbar - Rickson

Triangle - Nogueira

Gogo - Shinya Aoki

RNC - BJ Penn

Leg Locks - Frank/Ken Shamrock

Toe hold/knee bars - Frank Mir

Americana - Josh Barnett

Kimura - Sakuraba.

yep.

also, I heartily approve of your screen name. Ranma ftw.

Thank you, sir....:icon_chee

You're a lucky bastard to be training at ATT....
Would love to train there...Too bad Florida is nowhere near Toronto, Canada...

Just wonderin and I hope you don't mind me askin...Who teaches the Muay Thai there? And what's his background (where he trained and fought)?

Armbar - Rickson

Triangle - Nogueira

Gogo - Shinya Aoki

RNC - BJ Penn
Leg Locks - Frank/Ken Shamrock

Toe hold/knee bars - Frank Mir

Americana - Josh Barnett

Kimura - Sakuraba.

dont think i agree with any of the highlighted ones, i dont know who has a good gogo so ill leave that, and id say saku probobly has the best kimura since he broke two of the best gracies arms with it....so that says something. and ofcourse rickson by armbar

dont think i agree with any of the highlighted ones, i dont know who has a good gogo so ill leave that,

I just found out (from the The Contendes forum) that Brad Imes has two Gogoplata wins....

WTF?:eek:

I can't fucking believe it but in MMA guess he's the Gogoplata King....

Thank you, sir....:icon_chee

You're a lucky bastard to be training at ATT....
Would love to train there...Too bad Florida is nowhere near Toronto, Canada...

Just wonderin and I hope you don't mind me askin...Who teaches the Muay Thai there? And what's his background (where he trained and fought)?
The Muay Thai instructor at ATT headquarters is the real deal. Christian "King Cobra" Toleque is the instructor, and he's a complete badass. I don't train down there anymore (I'm up at ATT PSL), but he is insanely skilled. He's a really cool guy also.

Pro Record 22

Back