Mike Brown twice
Urijah Faber
Cub Swanson
Roland Delorme
Chris Mickle
Manny Gamburyan
Jonathan Brookins
Alexandre Nogueira

That is not a list of killers and all time greats by any means.

Context.

It's almost 50/50 between Max and Volk right now. I suppose Volk is ahead, but a 3rd fight is needed to make things crystal clear

GOAT conversations are so trash, anyway. You have to make highly subjective analyses of fighters' records, their quality of competition, assessments of when their "primes" started and ended, longevity vs. dominance, skill vs. Streaks, etc.

Just a bunch of bs that fuels message boards but has no real value and always leads to people picking sides and inevitably shitting on the other side and the athletes they are repping

Volk is paper champ. Definitely top tier, but lost to max. Also in his prime was a dominant beast, no comparison.

Depends on your criteria but Max and Jose have the best resumes for sure. Volk with time could catch up.

Max IMO is not an elite striker, he's durable and has tons of cardio.
Conor, LOL. A one-dimensional striker. Did you watch his last fight? Both of them are also amateurish on their kicking game.
They both fought Aldo on the downside, accept that.
Max and McGregor aren't elite MMA strikers? what ridiculous claim, who's elite then? Baldo?
he wasn't on a down slide he just fought better fighters

Aldo is still the FW GOAT. Max and volk may overtake him him at some point in the future though. Both guys have the potential to do it. I think 5 years from now they’ll be 1,2,3. And it could be in any order

Ahh. Ok.

It seemed like that list was meant to discredit Aldo. Which I can only take to mean that whoever wrote it didn't follow WEC in that era.

That's a hell of a run thru the best 145 roster at the time.

Ive been an Aldo fan since very early in the wec days. Cub, Mike Brown and Faber were great fighters but the rest were nothing more than journeymen. Even the 3 big names arent going down as top p4p goats in their weight classes.

Volk is fighting better fighters than Aldo fought almost every time out. A couple more wins and this becomes a legit argument.

#2 behind Aldo.
Max's run was great but is inferior to volks.
If volk goes on to lose to max, and shit the bed while max improves it's debatable

Aldo beat

Mike Brown twice
Urijah Faber
Cub Swanson
Roland Delorme
Chris Mickle
Manny Gamburyan
Jonathan Brookins
Alexandre Nogueira

That is not a list of killers and all time greats by any means.
Eh you’re missing a lot of people there

Ahh. Ok.

It seemed like that list was meant to discredit Aldo. Which I can only take to mean that whoever wrote it didn't follow WEC in that era.

That's a hell of a run thru the best 145 roster at the time.

Ive been posting on this forum for 15 years. I watched every single one of those fights.

The lower weight classes were not as good as they are now back then its a fact.

I don't think so. Aldo is presently up there with Jones as 1A/1B p4p all-time. His run was absolutely unreal, especially in WEC

Volk needs to face more young lions in their prime. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward with that division. There is a lot of good youth, but they haven't risen up yet

Let's point out this obvious hypocrisy.

You said: Volk needs to face more young lions in their prime.

Jones made a fucking name for himself beating a bunch of past prime midgets aka 'Legends' who realistically all should have fought at MW. Yet another example of Jones bias.

Max and McGregor aren't elite MMA strikers? what ridiculous claim, who's elite then? Baldo?
he wasn't on a down slide he just fought better fighters

Elite strikers are well rounded strikers, can punch and kick, defend and move well. Max with a lot of tweaking can elevate to elite, Conor like I said very one-dimensional.
You must be a new fan, 2nd fight with Mendes it was very clear that Aldo's injuries had started to catch up to him, not surprising as that was his 9th title defense.

Aldo
Volk
Max

Volk needs maybe 5 more title wins to pass Jose

Elite strikers are well rounded strikers, can punch and kick, defend and move well. Max with a lot of tweaking can elevate to elite, Conor like I said very one-dimensional.
You must be a new fan, 2nd fight with Mendes it was very clear that Aldo's injuries had started to catch up to him, not surprising as that was his 9th title defense.
what does that supposed to mean "9th title defense" are those supposed to hurt more than a regular fight or what? funny excuses "injuries"
beating Zombie, Faber, Edgar and Mendes is good and all but is never an indicator that u could beat McGregor, Holloway, Volkanovski

what does that supposed to mean "9th title defense" are those supposed to hurt more than a regular fight or what? funny excuses "injuries"
beating Zombie, Faber, Edgar and Mendes is good and all but is never an indicator that u could beat McGregor, Holloway, Volkanovski

Lol clearly you have no understanding of combat sports. It's OK young buck, you have lots of time to learn and understand how the fight game affects fighters, but I doubt it with that mentality of yours.

Back