Who is the real goat of 145...

How would he drown him when his legs aren't working? Prime Aldo dominates him.

Aldo would whiff on a lot of those kicks and Volk would fuck his legs up too, much like he did to Holloway and Ortega.

Volk is probably the best FW of all time. He would’ve drowned prime Aldo with his pace in championship rounds. Just like Max did

I'm a shameless casual so I'm probably out of my depth saying this here but that's about the perfect embodiment of a "heart of a champion" right there, probably excepting Lawler's comeback vs. Rory and Silva vs. Sonnen.
Literally on the verge of getting finished TWICE in the same round. Like holy hell.
It's gonna be real tough to dethrone him. When it's all said and done he might just end up the FW GOAT.
Cardio, chin, heart, fight IQ --- he has it.

Aldo
Volk
Max

Hes going to pass Jose soon
I don't think so. Aldo is presently up there with Jones as 1A/1B p4p all-time. His run was absolutely unreal, especially in WEC

Volk needs to face more young lions in their prime. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward with that division. There is a lot of good youth, but they haven't risen up yet

English isn't my language and lol isn't an argument
Your boy got exposed when fought real elite strikers

max-holloway-jose-aldo-ufc-2182.jpg

635855663123323099-USP-MMA-UFC-194-ALDO-VS-MCGREGOR-78254758.JPG

Max IMO is not an elite striker, he's durable and has tons of cardio.
Conor, LOL. A one-dimensional striker. Did you watch his last fight? Both of them are also amateurish on their kicking game.
They both fought Aldo on the downside, accept that.

ATM tied with max at number 2

if he beats max 3rd time, and beats chikadze he'll be the number 1

Aldo would whiff on a lot of those kicks and Volk would fuck his legs up too, much like he did to Holloway and Ortega.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Prime Aldo's kicks are lightning quick and precise with almost no tell.

Volk is already the GOAT of his division.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Prime Aldo's kicks are lightning quick and precise with almost no tell.
If Frankie Edgar could take those kicks, be competitive and even win some rounds, Volk would be just fine, and he'd wear Aldos legs out as well.

I don't think so. Aldo is presently up there with Jones as 1A/1B p4p all-time. His run was absolutely unreal, especially in WEC

Volk needs to face more young lions in their prime. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward with that division. There is a lot of good youth, but they haven't risen up yet

Aldo beat

Mike Brown twice
Urijah Faber
Cub Swanson
Roland Delorme
Chris Mickle
Manny Gamburyan
Jonathan Brookins
Alexandre Nogueira

That is not a list of killers and all time greats by any means.

He's proven that he's one of the greatest FW talents, but Max and Aldo are still ahead of him in the resume hunt. Really looking forward to the trilogy fight between him and Max, given how good Volk looked tonight and how vicious Max was when he fought Kattar.

Aldo beat

Mike Brown twice
Urijah Faber
Cub Swanson
Roland Delorme
Chris Mickle
Manny Gamburyan
Jonathan Brookins
Alexandre Nogueira

You're viewing things in hindsight. At the time, most of those guys were extremely dangerous & extremely tough, and all top-tier

If Frankie Edgar could take those kicks, be competitive and even win some rounds, Volk would be just fine, and he'd wear Aldos legs out as well.

That's the testament to Frankie's toughness and grit, yet he still clearly slowed down and was schooled and dominated. Lol no Aldo has perhaps the best defenses against leg kicks.
Volk is just on his 2nd title successful defense, he has a long way to go. Very funny with all this recency bias.

He is definitely entering the conversation.

20 straight wins.

2 title defenses is insufficient, but as far as the best version of a FW on any given night hard to say a prime volk isn't a solid choice.

Aldo beat

Mike Brown twice
Urijah Faber
Cub Swanson
Roland Delorme
Chris Mickle
Manny Gamburyan
Jonathan Brookins
Alexandre Nogueira

Oddly haterish to make a list like that and leave off Frankie and Mendes.

Back