Who is the real goat of 145...

You're upset. It's okay.
You never had an argument other than "he beat so many B level fighters for some trophy belts and that's why why imma rank him ahead of guys who beat the sh!t out of him and lie to myself and say he was better than them and that he was out of his prime at 31 because better strikers have emerged on the scene" and that's okay

You never had an argument other than "he beat so many B level fighters for some trophy belts and that's way why imma rank him ahead of guys who beat the sh!t out of him and lie to myself and say he was better than them and that he was out of his prime at 31 because better strikers has emerged on the scene" and that's okay

I don't need to elaborate when quoting your posts. There's no need to reply to anyone who will not listen to reason.

Volk will be the goat when its all said and done at 145. I love aldo, one of my fav but Volk is on another level. GSP level shit against Holloway and Ortega.
Well he became champ Dec 14th 2019, so come 2026 he's still got to be champ and 8 more title defenses to even really be in the discussion. I like volk and think he's really good but if I'm a betting man, I don't think he's going to be champ anywhere near 2026 nor is he going to win another 8 title defenses.

I don't need to elaborate when quoting your posts. There's no need to reply to anyone who will not listen to reason.
reason isn't the always the common believe

there's literally no reason to believe Aldo was ever better than those guys especially when have fought and he lost soundly

come on man what other decisive reason can there be?

So by GOAT you're not speaking of accomplishments, it looks like you're asking who was the most skilled. I'll go with Volkanovski, and I would have before this Ortega fight too. I'd favor him over any other FW in their prime.

Well he became champ Dec 14th 2019, so come 2026 he's still got to be champ and 8 more title defenses to even really be in the discussion. I like volk and think he's really good but if I'm a betting man, I don't think he's going to be champ anywhere near 2026 nor is he going to win another 8 title defenses.

If you look at Goat as the guy with the best run, obviously the guys of that past will look better because the talent pool was so much more shallow. Most guys just fought at 155 because it was the lowest UFC weight for the longest time (Pulver, Penn, Edgar etc).

If you look at who was at their Peak imo it goes Volk, Hollaway Aldo in that order however so far the best run at 145 goes in opposite order.

Volk has great kicks but not as good as prime Aldo. Aldo was absolutely destroying people's legs. His combos ending with low kicks were vicious.

And I was showing knees in those GIFs.

Max, Volk and Conor all have losses too. They are great but they were never ranked #1 in the world for 6 years straight like GOAT Aldo. And now a past prime Aldo is still getting big wins against great fighters
he was #1 don't get me wrong for 6 or even 60 years but he was never better than those guys it's clear as day when u watch thier fights

If you look at Goat as the guy with the best run, obviously the guys of that past will look better because the talent pool was so much more shallow. Most guys just fought at 155 because it was the lowest UFC weight for the longest time (Pulver, Penn, Edgar etc).

If you look at who was at their Peak imo it goes Volk, Hollaway Aldo in that order however so far the best run at 145 goes in opposite order.
I don't think those fighters of the past are worse than the ones today. I would put a prime mendes as a very close 50/50 against volk. In their fight chad was having his way until he got caught. Obviously there's no way to prove this so you will disagree and I'll disagree with you. Watching some earlier 145 fighters vs current they don't seem very different skill wise. I would pick many of the previous fighters Aldo beat over Ortega.

I don't think those fighters of the past are worse than the ones today. I would put a prime mendes as a very close 50/50 against volk. In their fight chad was having his way until he got caught. Obviously there's no way to prove this so you will disagree and I'll disagree with you. Watching some earlier 145 fighters vs current they don't seem very different skill wise. I would pick many of the previous fighters Aldo beat over Ortega.

Maybe in skill things arent that far off but game planning is very different and that is why guys like Volk and Usman excel. Imo anyways. I respect you opinion though.

He’s the GOAT because he just won but if he loses his next fight, he sucks.

Tyron was the WW goat on here after every win but after Usman beat him, he was one of the worst champs ever.

Is Volk the goat? No. Was he impressive tonight? Very much so

On talent and ability yes. Needs that resume now

Back