Who is the most dismissed/disrespected champ - Bisping or Stipe?

Fyreborn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both these guys are routinely disregarded as champs. They are dismissed as some sort of placeholders, as not "legit" champs in some way.

Lots of people compare Bisping to Matt Serra, for instance. I have to admit I've made that comparison as well. Him and Rockhold are 1-1 and I still peg Bisping as a major underdog to Rockhold and the other top guys in Jacare, Romero, and Weidman. Even a lower ranked dude like Mousasi might be a betting favorite over Bisping.

When talking about Shane Carwin's comeback, Schaub said the one guy he'd pick over Carwin is Cain. Carwin on Reddit said, "I will indeed mop up the entire division. I have a plan for all of them. Even Cain."

People act like Cain the "The Man" in that division, the guy to beat. Stipe is also kind of bland personality wise, so that's another reason he's overlooked.

I think Bisping at least gets talked about. People's hate for Bisping make them talk about him. People hardly even talk about Stipe - literally the Heavyweight champion of the world!

But odds wise, Stipe holds up much better than Bisping, and I think fans view him as having a better chance against the elite. He's a slight favorite against Overeem, one of the division's best. Most lines would likely be close for Stipe. Meanwhile, Bisping would be a large underdog to the top guys in his division. Oddly he's fight Hendo who he'll be a big favorite against.

So who do you think is more overlooked as champion? Michael Bisping or Stipe Miocic?

And how do you feel about these guys being so overlooked?

If a mod could add a poll, that would be great! :)

Bisping.

I think the stipe love might be lacking cos Overeem is his next opponent and many here are reem fans.

Still bisping though

There's literally hundreds of pages of Bisping shoops on this site after he got KO'd by Hendo

LoL. Take that how you want it, buddeh.

I haven't seen that much disregarding of Stipe although I definitely think Overeem beats him.

Stipe just has no game. Almost every fighter has some type of signature thing. Stipe is just... Flat.

Dangerous fighter tho

people don't think Bisping can beat anyone

people don't think Stipe can beat Overeem

so its Bisping believe you me buddeh

I haven't seen that much disregarding of Stipe although I definitely think Overeem beats him.
It's largely that people hardly talk about him, and many treat Cain as the guy to beat in that division.

I think to a lot of people, Stipe doesn't give off "champion of the world" vibes. And I see comments that imply he's a placeholder type champ.

With Bisping, people talk a about him way more. But many think he's a fluke, or flukish, and will get beat by the first elite legit challenger he faces (i.e. not Hendo).

No one at all likes Bisping. The one or two people that do just feel bad for the guy.

Stipe is legit and is absolutely a tough fight for everyone in the division. The answer is Bisping and rightfully so.

No one at all likes Bisping. The one or two people that do just feel bad for the guy.

the UK loves the guy don't they? why or how would anyone feel bad for him? He's made a boatload of money and fulfilled his dream in the best upset of the year.

You silly.

Wut? It's Bisping, and it's not even close. I don't ever hear anyone on here doubt Stipe's skills or his win. He doesn't get talked about much here because he doesn't talk.
Bisping and Rockhold have made comments about their match, beat Rockhold on short notice, talked about getting money fights, and now he's fighting #13 ranked Henderson as his first defense..that's why he's gotten much more attention.
The circumstances in which Stipe became champion were normal. There's no circus going on around him.

Woodley crushes both of them in this department. Undeservedly so in my opinion.

I'm not sure how Stipe is even in the conversation. Especially when there's a guy that never intends to defend at all. And Stipe sure as fuck isn't calling out 12th ranked fighters and crap like that.

And when Stipe flatlines Overeem, the salt and butt hurt will flow like wine.

I've nothing against Stipe, he seem a cool dude and a good man

Still, i believe him having the belt have a lot to do with current HW division poor status

In similar way i see Werdum record: godlike kills watching his record, then you realize most of his big names were fighters on decline

When talking about Shane Carwin's comeback, Schaub said the one guy he'd pick over Carwin is Cain. Carwin on Reddit said, "I will indeed mop up the entire division. I have a plan for all of them. Even Cain."

Its amusing the way US MMA fans have repeatedly developed amnesia down the years when it comes to big powerful wrestlers, Brocks many failings were swept under the carpet each time the hype got strong with him, Cain's performance vs Werdum is now all but forgotten and moreso than anything Carwin's latter career is ignored.

The reality is that Carwin's standup technique is incredible limited, JDS , a guy with less than perfect defence absolutely toyed with him standing and he was getting beaten up by Neil Wain standing as well.

I'm not sure how Stipe is even in the conversation. Especially when there's a guy that never intends to defend at all. And Stipe sure as fuck isn't calling out 12th ranked fighters and crap like that.

And when Stipe flatlines Overeem, the salt and butt hurt will flow like wine.

wat

hoo?

Back