Who is the most cringe mma commentator to ever work on an mma card?

Admittedly since he left pride i didnt get to hear much of him,but when he was in pride it was NHB turning into modern mma and i love to hear about the wild west nhb days from bas.

I'm not taking a dig at him as a person. I like him as an MMA personality and the guy cracks me up, but his ability to call fights peaked in 2005/2006. The sport really passed by him and he wasn't able to keep up. I can't imagine him trying to call a Ryan Hall fight or some else that involves exotic set ups using 50/50 or saddle position that a lot of Daneher's and Renzo's guys utilize. He'd be so lost.

I actually quite liked him when he was on Inside MMA.

Meisha Tate commentated on a bjj tourney one time. It was the most cringey thing I’ve ever heard. She had no idea who anyone was except for urijah Faber who was the only mma guy in the tournament.

In the ufc joe rogan can easily be my favorite or least favorite commentator.
She did an Invicta card once. Worse than Julie Kedzie.

Both DC's are immeasurably intolerable and self absorbed

... yet people confuse it for educated opinion because they are fighters.

Those two redefined cringe into talking about themselves subtly through their commentary.
We get it champ,
you've had a training camp and been in a gym.
Usually, they make an observation, which turns into a two-three minute rant about how they got to that conclusion, or casually argue with anyone talking.

It's idiotic.

Just because you're a gifted athlete, doesn't mean you should be talking, let alone about yourself, or your camp, while watching other fights.

Rogan never mentions his comedy, or his podcast, he just observes the fight and giggles, wonders, and comments.

Both DC go off on nonsensical techniques that change position/relevance thirty seconds prior to them finishing their rant. Then try drill it home over and over waiting for any hint to start back up. They are always troll heroes to themselves.

It is brutal, and caused me to stop watching when they are hired, or in the least, i have to mute it.

Last edited:
I'm not taking a dig at him as a person. I like him as an MMA personality and the guy cracks me up, but his ability to call fights peaked in 2005/2006. The sport really passed by him and he wasn't able to keep up. I can't imagine him trying to call a Ryan Hall fight or some else that involves exotic set ups using 50/50 or saddle position that a lot of Daneher's and Renzo's guys utilize. He'd be so lost.

I actually quite liked him when he was on Inside MMA.

Yes i liked him on that show too,and i can see what your saying about him being sort of a relic from a former era.

I know he was not in the main booth, and maybe he was marginally funny for 5 minutes, but...

<GinJuice>

Both DC's are immeasurably intolerable and self absorbed

... yet people confuse it for educated opinion because they are fighters.

Those two redefined cringe into talking about themselves subtly through their commentary.
We get it champ,
you've had a training camp and been in a gym.
Usually, they make an observation, which turns into a two-three minute rant about how they got to that conclusion, or casually argue with anyone talking.

It's idiotic.

Just because you're a gifted athlete, doesn't mean you should be talking, let alone about yourself, or your camp, while watching other fights.

It truly pathetic.

Rogan never mentions his comedy, or his podcast, he just observes the fight and giggles, wonders, and comments.

Both DC go off on nonsensical techniques that change position/relevance thirty seconds prior to them finishing their rant. Then try drill it home over and over waiting for any hint to start back up. They are always troll heros to themselves.

It is brutal, and caused me to stop watching when they are hired, or in the least, i have to mute it.
<DC-Champ>

I guess Goldie- he was roggie 's lap dog for all dem years.

The guy who commentates on KSW triggers me regularly.

Also Brad Pickett when he does ACA, I'm English and I can't understand a word that dude says.

The colonel on bodog. He had no fucking clue what he was talking about.

Todd Grisham. Todd Fucking Grisham. Easy choice. Luckily it was a short-lived era

Todd Grisham. Todd Fucking Grisham. Easy choice. Luckily it was a short-lived era

T....Ta....TaZOOshee Sah KOO rabba.

Nearly gave me diarrhea to hear that man butcher Saku's name so badly.

Back