Who is the most cringe mma commentator to ever work on an mma card?

Yeah, he is cringey... but still in an entertaining way.
If we don't go into the obscurity of Invicta cards (LOL) with the absolutely cringe Julie Kedzie, then my pick would be Jon Anik a few years ago. He just tried TOO HARD. He is getting more natural and better nowadays though... (or we just got used to him, I don't know...)
Is Kedzie the one who cuts the promos? Good grief, it’s like being lectured by a schoolmarm.

Michael "THE BIG KABOSH! THE BIG KABOSH" Schiavello and Mauro.
I can see how Schiavello might grate on your nerves, but he’s the only guy in MMA who actually does his job. Namely, calling the play-by-play so you can follow along without watching.

The rest of the commentariat ignores what’s going on in the cage half the time.

HuhN3MR.gif

Goldberg. Yes, a few fighters have been awful, but they're just fighters trying out a new profession. This is actually Goldberg's profession, and he has been doing it for a very long time, yet he's still terrible.

Bas Rutten constantly talks about himself and his career in every match. Dude...NO ONE CARES.

its not even insightful stuff pertaining to the situation. Id take 20 titos over one of El Guapo's.

Fixed

Last edited:
When bas does its usually relevant to the situation,and its actually interesting. The commentators w him usually ask him things like that too.

Frank trigg,man just watch mirko vs wand 2 and fedor vs hunt and youll see when frank does it,it has nothing at all pertaining to the fight and you can literally hear whoever hes broadcasting with roll their eyes im spasmodic cringe rage

I was for them getting rid of goldie if they were gonna bring in someone better but they didnt do that. They just cut him. Thats lame. Might as well bring his ass back. And he deserved a nice sendoff. What the FUCK
Goldberg did something really bad before he was let go, but no one has ever revealed what it was. I have no idea.

Anyone?

Mauro would debate w bas about achilles tendon lock and bas would say hey its a pain move but it wont break anything so you shouldnt tap to it,i would never tap to that. To me thats relevant info and the exact reason you want fighters in therr to give perspectives like that.

Goldberg did something really bad before he was let go, but no one has ever revealed what it was. I have no idea.

Anyone?
The rockstar line from the rousey holm fight sealed his fate imo.

mauro has always been unlistenable for me. everything he says is pure cringe. such an irritating, over-the-top delivery as well.

When bas does its usually relevant to the situation,and its actually interesting. The commentators w him usually ask him things like that too.

Frank trigg,man just watch mirko vs wand 2 and fedor vs hunt and youll see when frank does it,it has nothing at all pertaining to the fight and you can literally hear whoever hes broadcasting with roll their eyes im spasmodic cringe rage

Sometimes it's relevant, other times not. He never misses a chance to mention how he, "Broke a guy's leg in Japan" no matter what the complexion of the fight looks like. Also, the fact he's so out of touch with the sport and modern fighting techniques, especially on the ground makes it a chore to listen to him. Not to mention all the weird ass noises he makes. His run in WSOF was particularly bad, making Transformer noises while yelling, "DECAGON!!" between fights or during introductions.

Sometimes it's relevant, other times not. He never misses a chance to mention how he, "Broke a guy's leg in Japan" no matter what the complexion of the fight looks like. Also, the fact he's so out of touch with the sport and modern fighting techniques, especially on the ground makes it a chore to listen to him. Not to mention all the weird ass noises he makes. His run in WSOF was particularly bad, making Transformer noises while yelling, "DECAGON!!" between fights or during introductions.
Admittedly since he left pride i didnt get to hear much of him,but when he was in pride it was NHB turning into modern mma and i love to hear about the wild west nhb days from bas.

I can see how Schiavello might grate on your nerves, but he’s the only guy in MMA who actually does his job. Namely, calling the play-by-play so you can follow along without watching.

I wouldn't mind him if he didn't use the same fucking cliches over and over and over.

MORE HOOKS THAN A TACKLE BOX!

Back