Who is the most complete fighter? Fedor or GSP?

Once he learned the jab...GSP

GSP is the most well rounded fighter to compete so far.
He was complete as in he had the best takedowns in all of MMA, he had tdd, he was good enough at BJJ to control his opponents w/o being in danger, could gnp, had very precise boxing and really good MT. Also he had cardio for days. The only thing he lacked was the will to go for the finish.

"Well rounded" ? Georges.

When's the last time you saw Fedor set up head kicks with low kicks? he IS indeed the better finisher, mind you.

Since GSP didn't submit or tko anybody for quite a while that takes away from his sub skills and striking IMO

We can actually say Fedor was subbing people, knocking people, throwing people in all different kinds of ways.

GSP is very well rounded but he didn't fight well rounded for the last few years of his career.

Takedown, body body head GNP, suction pass to half, body body head. Gets put back to full gaurd, and starts over.

Plus for the last few fights GSP got pretty beat up from bottom causing limited passing from him.

And GSP struggles with combinations not built on the jab. It's not a big deal until you fight somebody who knows how to exploit it.

Takedown, body body head GNP, suction pass to half, body body head. Gets put back to full gaurd, and starts over.

Out of his last 10 fights, maybe 3 went that way.

Not Hendricks, Diaz, Shields, Koscheck, Penn, Fitch or Serra.

Lets say the Condit fight went that way, fotn.

Dan Hardy fight, where he nearly ripped his arm off more than once while Dan Hardy did absolutely nothing but stall.

I'll give you the Alves fight.

Seems like you read about GSP fights from Sherdog more than you watch them.

Plus for the last few fights GSP got pretty beat up from bottom causing limited passing from him.

I'll pretend Condit beat him up from bottom. Nobody else could or did.

GSP was superior in every category except finishing ability.

Have examples?

fedorhenderson.jpg

Fedor easily.

His mental game was unequaled.
Never seen someone so calm in such a situation.

Fedor gets choked out and KO'd more often.

You sure about that? Fedor has 4 losses in 39 fights. 2 of those losses being doctor stoppages. GSP has 2 losses in 27 fights, one being a submission loss to Hughes and the other being getting ktfo by Serra.

You sure about that?

Positive.

But dress up Fedor's losses as cute was you want. I'll try in favor of GSP.

"gsp ktfo" = having the will and awareness to tap out.
"fedor's doctor stoppage" = stopped, lost ,dizzy and confused.

GSP was pretty much the perfect fighter in terms of efficiency and technique.

Perfect game planner and strategist. Not perfect fighter.

If you are a FIGHTer ... you should be able to finish your opponents like Fedor did.

Fedor's opponents were flat out BEATEN for real.
GSP's opponents were told they lost by a judge.

GSP's opponents were told they lost by a judge.

None of them were physically and mentally broken or out-classed. I'm sure they could have hung in there and found some success.

Any one notice the trend of GSP fans making a case, and Fedor fans down playing GSP?

I think that says more than enough.

Positive.

But dress up Fedor's losses as cute was you want. I'll try in favor of GSP.

"gsp ktfo" = having the will and awareness to tap out.
"fedor's doctor stoppage" = stopped, lost ,dizzy and confused.

I'm positive your statement is factually inaccurate

Fedor gets choked out and KO'd more often.

Beyond what I've already addressed (that two of Fedor's four losses were doctor stoppages) go ahead and name for me when exactly Fedor got choked out.

Naw, I don't want to play this silly linguistic wrestling game with you.

Ok I'll make it simple for those third parties reading this thread: Fedor has never been choked out.

This is an interesting post:

Any one notice the trend of GSP fans making a case, and Fedor fans down playing GSP?

I think that says more than enough.

What says more: downplaying GSP or making up fiction about Fedor being choked out?

Ok I'll make it simple for those third parties reading this thread: Fedor has never been choked out.

I'm sure they can figure out my point without their bums hurting. They'll be okay, don't fret sweetheart.

at says more: downplaying GSP or making up fiction about Fedor being choked out?

I dunno, the fact you want to devolve this whole discussion to the significant difference of being choked out and tapping in a choke says a lot to me.

Last edited:
Have examples?

well when fujita rocked him,and he recovered,he put an end to fujita right then and there. When mark hunt almost kimurad him he extricated himself and subbed hunt with the exact same move. When he got randleplexed he finished the fight seconds later. When Mirko blasted broke his nose he backed up and came right back with a overhand right that Mirko fell over trying to avoid. Arlovski fight nuff said. It wasnt just that he was a good finisher,but when he was hurt he had a sense of urgency to end the fight quickly.This isnt a knock on GSP,its just the different patterns of their style. GSP was more technical,and when hurt would try to recover and go back to what he was doing as if it hadnt happened. Fedor would try to ensure it couldnt happen again.

Back