Who is the most boring fighter?

Derek Brunson.

All I remember from him is decision, decision, decision and then taunting Chris Leben after laying on him for 15 minutes. Chris would have KO his ass had he not gotten laid on.

GSP in my opinion, and that is because I look at this a little different.

You tune in to a card and Fitch is the 2nd fight of a 5 fight main card - he's boring, he doesn't do much, who cares!? I'm not that let down by that.

Now you take GSP who was a main event pretty much UFC 100+ onward guaranteed. He made a striking match look boring, and that for me is unacceptable from one of the biggest stars in the sport ever.

- Hendricks - Only a half-exciting fight because he had his ass handed to him, he did nothing of entertainment.
- Diaz - Lay on the guy for 25 minutes.
- Condit - Most exciting thing that fight was the brief moment he almost got finished with the kick. Lay and pray again.
- Shields - Need I say anything? He lost 2 rounds to Jake's striking... it put my friend who watched it with me to actual sleep. The dude actually fell asleep!
- Koscheck - This fight was boring because he could have finished this man at any time. The guy's eye was hanging off, he just needed to take him down and pound him out, he literally walked in a circle and jabbed the whole fight.
- Hardy - One of the worst fights I've ever watched. Complete mismatch first off, at least he went for some submissions in this one. He couldn't even submit a man with pretty much no grappling skill - another bad one.

All wins, all convincing, but in terms of entertainment. This man post-Serra KO turned into Mr. Play it Safe.

If I'm spending $50 on a fight, it needs to be better than this.

Norman Parke could bore ice fishing Eskimos straight up never seen the dude in an exciting fight. Also 9/10 wmma fights are just straight boring. Rosholt is boring AF too my good god.

You tune in to a card and Fitch is the 2nd fight of a 5 fight main card - he's boring, he doesn't do much, who cares!? I'm not that let down by that.

Now you take GSP who was a main event pretty much UFC 100+ onward guaranteed. He made a striking match look boring, and that for me is unacceptable from one of the biggest stars in the sport ever.

- Hendricks - Only a half-exciting fight because he had his ass handed to him, he did nothing of entertainment.
- Condit - Most exciting thing that fight was the brief moment he almost got finished with the kick. Lay and pray again.
- Shields - Need I say anything? He lost 2 rounds to Jake's striking... it put my friend who watched it with me to actual sleep. The dude actually fell asleep!
- Koscheck - This fight was boring because he could have finished this man at any time. The guy's eye was hanging off, he just needed to take him down and pound him out, he literally walked in a circle and jabbed the whole fight.
- Hardy - One of the worst fights I've ever watched. Complete mismatch first off, at least he went for some submissions in this one. He couldn't even submit a man with pretty much no grappling skill - another bad one.

All wins, all convincing, but in terms of entertainment. This man post-Serra KO turned into Mr. Play it Safe.

Prepare to get bashed by Canadiens and bi-curious males with GSP man-crushes.

Haven't read through the thread yet , but has Antonio McKee been mentioned? Most exciting fight of his was when shinya fucking aoki made him tap to strikes, of all possible outcomes

Edit: he's not a current ufc fighter though

Pat Militech is the template that started it all. A smart, well rounded fighter that didn't take chances, fought very conservatively, won most of his fights, but paid the price with a very boring style.

No one really enjoys it, but it's hard to say anything when you keep winning.

not gsp's fault diaz couldn't do shit. 50-45 <45>

Depend on what fighting style you are into. And there are both boring grappling styles, and entertaining grappling styles.. There are both boring striking styles, and entertaining striking styles.

This is so true. It's never just as simple as "grappling is boring" or "striking is boring".

Gsp is one of the few fighters that could use both boring striking and boring grappling. Most fighters only use one..

aWzMm.gif

Ah, the young mma fans today.... Im gonna assume you guys started watching mma back in 2013.

The correct answer is matt lindland, and ill even accept jutaro nakao.

I think Antonio McKee is worse than both by a long shot.

Damian Maia
I like Demian Maia. His style is just very unique and effective. If you've done at least a few montgs in bjj you will appreciate his style. As a fan I could never fall asleep during a Maia fight coz I'll be nervous throughout

Back