Who is the most accurate striker in UFC?

Who is the most accurate striker in UFC?

• Total voters
Prime Anderson is #1. Right now it's probably Wonderboy.

Great point, FNC, but maybe TS wants to split hairs and delve further into a single metric; meaning, whose high accuracy is a result of pure striking ability versus other harder-to-measure factors like élite strikers who excel at capitalising on fight pacing, control, movement etc.

Just a thought; you tell us, TS...

The purpose of the poll is to see what people actually think.
Yes, there's stats on the website.

Overeem is King in this ranking, easily.

Per UFC.com :
Significant strikes accuracy in % :

1. Alistair Overeem - 74.66
2. Trevor Smith - 63.68
3. Anderson Silva - 61.41
4. Josh Barnett - 61.08
5. Fabio Maldonado - 58.87
6. Ben Saunders - 58.13
7. Cain Velasquez - 57.62
8. Jimy Hettes - 57.29
9. Fabricio Werdum - 56.48
10. Jessica Andrade - 56.16

Lol are people seriously saying "well the stats say"

Stats count pitter patter leg kicks and jabs as "significant strikes" and also can't even accurately count how many strikes landed or not ffs.

If they can't get that right I don't believe that so and so has a 75% striking accuracy and his opponent has 81% .

Does that shit include GnP??? Cause I pick GSP than

So I picked only strikers.

choi is the goat
Who has Doo-ho fought? He looks good and even seems like a character outside the ring but he doesn't deserve to be in this discussion yet. Hope we see more of him - no doubt.

Most accurate UFC striker in the fight game is Alistair, IMO; he's earned his seat at any table of killers and kings.

adP2h1S.gif
5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif
connorKO.gif
4.gif
XaDsetj.gif

He was so quick back when he fought Brimage.

Prime Anderson is #1. Right now it's probably Wonderboy.
Can you back that up for me on how you get there? Honest request.

I think deep in our DNA we all just cling to a kind of mythical Miyagi figure, stepping in there and disappearing only to reappear and fatally wound; meaning, I have a hard time crowning the greatest striker any elusive counter-attacker when we have craftsmen in there like Alistair to appreciate.

Aren't there stats for this? How is it even a poll..

Didn't you hear? From now on, statistics are a matter of opinion. For instance, a fighter who lands 67% of his strikes is less accurate than a guy who lands 50% of his strikes, under the condition of former fighter being busted for steroids or latter fighter having a better personality.

The purpose of the poll is to see what people actually think.
Yes, there's stats on the website.
Oj, so what Sherbros think non-statistically of the statistics of strikers...enough. Sergeant Doakes, I salute you. :p

@FrontNakedChoke

She doesn't win the poll but after the other night, Val should be listed

Voted for Aldo with McGregor a close second. Both guys commit to everything they throw, but Aldo seems to only throw when he is sure he is going to land.

In his fights with Lamas, Florian, and more recently the Edgar rematch. He was very economical, and would rarely throw more than 2 or 3 strikes at a time. But the strikes he did throw were usually on target.

Overeem has the highest striking accuracy in UFC history with 75%. Those aren't baby leg kicks either.

Most accurate counter strikers goes to Machida, Liddell, and Anderson.

Most accurate strikers today are easily Wonderboy, Robbie, Reem, Gus, and Cruz

Most accurate boxers are Cigano, Stipe, and Nate Diaz

Most feared strikers today are Rumble, Cigano, Hunto, Jones, Conor, and Lawler.

Damn, everyone forgot about the bad assery of Machida schooling dudes with his high % accuracy.

Here is the actual strike accuracy ranking.

1. Alistair Overeem 74.66%
  2. Doo Ho Choi 67%
  3. Anderson Silva 61.41%
  4. Lyoto Machida 59.02%
  5. Junior Dos Santos 49%
  6. Stephen Thompson 48%, Joanna Jedrzejczyk 48%
  7. Conor McGregor 44.72%
  8. Jose Aldo 43%
Number of fights in the UFC:

1. 9
2. 3
3. 21
4. 21
5. 15
6. 9, 6
7. 8
8. 9 (17 if you included WEC)

Stats say Anderson, I'm pretty sure. So it's not a debate.

Back