Who is the greatest sports athlete of all-time?

Who is the greatest sports athlete of all-time?

• Total voters
I know the guy's a nut, but Herschel Walker probably deserves a mention.

He ran a 10.23 100m when he was 20 in 1982, which was absolutely world class for a college kid in that era, and also faster than Bo Jackson's PR of 10.39 from 1984, when he was 22. They both were also significantly heavier than the average sprinter.

BQB43p9LRannfnD21bmxREOmuUz9nDBqztedJ16Z6iU.png

wal0-050.jpg

I mean just look at this dude when he was pushing 50 and doing MMA:

herschel2elsf.0.jpg

He's up there now.

poll should be endurance athlete and explosive athletes. non of these american athletes could do anything from iron man to strong man to soccer. all i see here is american athletes bench pressing or running for 10 seconds

poll should be endurance athlete and explosive athletes. non of these american athletes could do anything from iron man to strong man to soccer. all i see here is american athletes bench pressing or running for 10 seconds

Michael Jordan is leading the poll substantially, what do you consider him and endurance of explosive athlete?

Michael Jordan is leading the poll substantially, what do you consider him and endurance of explosive athlete?
he would be explosive for few seconds and that is it

I voted Ali. In terms of both physicality and achievement Bo Jackson, in terms of dominance Gretzky.

Achievements: Messi, Karelin
Skill: Messi
Athleticism: LeBron, Jordan, C. Ronaldo

Overall winner: Lionel Messi

Athletic achievments: Lionel Messi
The most impressive trophy room in all of sports and probably the GOAT in by far the most competitive sport in the world.

Raw explosive athletic ability: Usain Bolt
The fastest man in human history by large wide margin.

Yes Jordan might feel a little bit dated today.

What do you actually mean with sports-athlete?

There are many sportsmen/women that are very fit and strong, fast, good cardio etc that are not even top 100 in their respective sports.

Lionel Messi for example you could argue is not the most fit and fast/strong footballer ever but he is arguably the best of all time.

If the question were who is the greatest sportsman ever then i would probably pick Messi or Maradona because in my opinion they are the best footballers ever and football is the biggest and most competetive sport in the world.

Most famous athlete all time would probably be Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo for the same reasons as above.

Ask a child in Pakistan who Messi or C Ronaldo is and they would probably know them.

messi proves
Yes Jordan might feel a little bit dated today.

What do you actually mean with sports-athlete?

There are many sportsmen/women that are very fit and strong, fast, good cardio etc that are not even top 100 in their respective sports.

Lionel Messi for example you could argue is not the most fit and fast/strong footballer ever but he is arguably the best of all time.

If the question were who is the greatest sportsman ever then i would probably pick Messi or Maradona because in my opinion they are the best footballers ever and football is the biggest and most competetive sport in the world.

Most famous athlete all time would probably be Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo for the same reasons as above.

Ask a child in Pakistan who Messi or C Ronaldo is and they would probably know them.
messi proves most athletes in track and field and american sports are on hgh. messi from young age used hgh and you can see his deveopment is different then of c ronaldo and see same body movement or speed in american nfl and nba players

MJ was great at one thing. Basketball.

Bo? Phenomenal two sport athlete. He wins.

MJ was great at one thing. Basketball.

Bo? Phenomenal two sport athlete. He wins.
american sports do not have athletes but players of that sport. nothing is impressive playing baseball or american footbal. and like i said they were on hgh and steroids from young age , messi proves it

american sports do not have athletes but players of that sport. nothing is impressive playing baseball or american footbal. and like i said they were on hgh and steroids from young age , messi proves it
If Bo trained soccer for 2 weeks he would be world class. Like Homonaldo and Messi level.

Back