Who is the greatest sports athlete of all-time?

Who is the greatest sports athlete of all-time?

• Total voters
If you're trying to make a point I'm not sure what it is.
It was a joke related to you acknowledging your generational familiarity with Jordan and your profile being a tribute to a 80s pro wrestler, by referencing some bands that were really popular during that same era.

It was a joke related to you acknowledging your generational familiarity with Jordan and your profile being a tribute to a 80s pro wrestler by referencing some bands that were really popular during that same era.
I think it's fair to say most people will probably place some bias on athletes that they witnessed dominate their sport. My sport growing up was basketball. The NBA blew up in the 90s. Michael Jordan was the most dominate player no question. I watched him intently at the height of his powers be the biggest sports star on the planet.

Tiger, Brady, and Lebron are really the only three that compare.

If I grew up in the 60s maybe I'd say Bill Russell or if I watched hockey, Gretzky. But I didn't.

And to answer your question. Radiohead.

Last edited:
Bo Jackson was the most gifted pure athlete I've ever seen

Greatest sport athlete would have to be Michael Jordan. With the word athlete, there is a connotation of physical skills: speed, strength, agility, etc..

If you were to ask who the greatest sports performer or sports player, I would go with Tom Brady. As for the athlete part, Brady isn't in the same class as most of his "cohorts" in this survey.

Greatest sport athlete would have to be Michael Jordan. With the word athlete, there is a connotation of physical skills: speed, strength, agility, etc..

If you were to ask who the greatest sports performer or sports player, I would go with Tom Brady. As for the athlete part, Brady isn't in the same class as most of his "cohorts" in this survey.
i think jordan is the best combination of dominating a sport and freak athleticism but if you’re just going athleticism then i think bo jackson has to be the pick.

i think jordan is the best combination of dominating a sport and freak athleticism but if you’re just going athleticism then i think bo jackson has to be the pick.

Bo was an all time elite specimen. One of the top 5 Running Backs I have ever seen. Really incredible.

However, I think Deion Sanders was right there with him and Neon had a much longer and more distinguished career. Even without the marketing campaign, I think you have to give Deion the edge.

I would have to think this category is a combination of athleticism and achievement and neither Bo or Deion were anywhere near Jordan in the latter.

Bo was an all time elite specimen. One of the top 5 Running Backs I have ever seen. Really incredible.

However, I think Deion Sanders was right there with him and Neon had a much longer and more distinguished career. Even without the marketing campaign, I think you have to give Deion the edge.

I would have to think this category is a combination of athleticism and achievement and neither Bo or Deion were anywhere near Jordan in the latter.
i agree with all of that, though i think bo had more highlights showcasing his athleticism (insane throws from the outfield, running up the wall to make catches, dozens of blast runs in the nfl). deion is easily a top 5 freak though and adept at multiple sports/positions as well so yeah, right there with him. deion also won more of course.

In mainstream sports, Jordan.

Otherwise I got Usain Bolt. Double gold in 100M/200M in 3 consecutive Olympics is unreal.

There's a real case for a number of guys though. Karelin being another.

I think it's fair to say most people will probably place some bias on athletes that they witnessed dominate their sport. My sport growing up was basketball. The NBA blew up in the 90s. Michael Jordan was the most dominate player no question. I watched him intently at the height of his powers be the biggest sports star on the planet.

Tiger, Brady, and Lebron are really the only three that compare.

If I grew up in the 60s maybe I'd say Bill Russell or if I watched hockey, Gretzky. But I didn't.

And to answer your question. Radiohead.
Shaq was more dominant than Jordan. Everyone claims it's Jordan but Shaq was a kid just throwing down on grown men with ease.

Wilt used to just dunk his free throws. They had to change the rules. He long, triple and high jumped in track. Freak.

Bo Jackson isn't a top 100 guy in any sport and his collegiate track and field performances were completely average.

Unscientific pool

I think even Mike referenced Bo Jackson as the greatest athlete he has ever seen. Especially since Mike less then stellar run in baseball.

Shaq was more dominant than Jordan. Everyone claims it's Jordan but Shaq was a kid just throwing down on grown men with ease.

Dirk was way better offensively, TD was way better defensively, KG was way better both offensively and defensively.

Back