Who is the greatest knockout artist of all time?

Joe Louis was an knockout artist. Not some glass cannon hoping to land his punch.

The obvious answer is Ali Raymi...
Seriously though, Julian Jackson has to be the guy. When he landed clean fighters dropped like they had been shot!

The obvious answer is Ali Raymi...
Seriously though, Julian Jackson has to be the guy. When he landed clean fighters dropped like they had been shot!
Yessir.

See, when I think of a knockout artist, I think of a guy who sets up his knockouts beautifully, not a guy who just punches hard.

Tyson is my answer, as unoriginal as that is. His knockouts combined that brutality with technicality that I associate with a knockout artist.

Foreman is a beast. Not as much "artistry" as savagery though lol

Not sure at which level those contenders were though you say "top contenders".
I know a guy who finished those 12 contenders in 14 rounds:

Sammy Scuff
David Jaco
Marvis Frazier
Tony Tubbs
Trevor Berbick
Michael Spinks
Carl Williams
Alex Stewart
Henry Tillman
Peter McNeeley
Bruce Seldon
Lou Savarase

... the guy who guesses who put all of them down, receives either a like from me or $5000 cash. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Is it Mike Tyson?

I think I've won and if I did I want the Like from you. Money and bitches wouldnt mean as much as getting a like from the legendary great clashKnot.

See, when I think of a knockout artist, I think of a guy who sets up his knockouts beautifully, not a guy who just punches hard.

Tyson is my answer, as unoriginal as that is. His knockouts combined that brutality with technicality that I associate with a knockout artist.

Foreman is a beast. Not as much "artistry" as savagery though lol

Bah, if Tyson didn't score the knockout in the first 5 rounds he'd usually just coast to a decision.

Back