Who is the greatest fighter of all time?

Who is the greatest fighter of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saku is nowhere near the GOAT discussion. And Fedor ducked UFC when Brock, Cain, Carwin and JDS were in their prime. He was too scared to even fight Reem.
You realise he was locked to the M-1 contract he signed back into 2007 when those guys were in their prime?

Its like saying Randy 'ducked' Fedor in Affliction because the UFC enforced the conditions of his contract. Fedor could not come to the UFC unless M-1 came to terms with Zuffa, no matter how much he might have wanted to fight the fighters in the UFC.

Since 2007, (at which point the best HW's weren't in the UFC) only now is he freely able to fight there so we'll see whether the UFC are interested enough, but Madonaldo-level Fedor is obviously not the same Fedor that wrecked the division a decade ago

You realise he was locked to the M-1 contract he signed back into 2007 when those guys were in their prime?

Its like saying Randy 'ducked' Fedor in Affliction because the UFC enforced the conditions of his contract. Fedor could not come to the UFC unless M-1 came to terms with Zuffa, no matter how much he might have wanted to fight the fighters in the UFC.

Since 2007, (at which point the best HW's weren't in the UFC) only now is he freely able to fight there so we'll see whether the UFC are interested enough, but Madonaldo-level Fedor is obviously not the same Fedor that wrecked the division a decade ago
Locked into the contract? Fedor was one of the people who controlled M-1 Global. The negotiations fell apart quick when M-1 couldn't take a slice of UFC's profit or handpick Fedor's opponent like they've done in the smaller promotions. He is a good businessman though I'll give him that.

Fedor was one of the people who controlled M-1 Global.
No he didn't. He was a small % shareholder probably to sweeten the deal when he first signed... Dana had a bigger share in zuffa than fedor has/had in m1 global - doesn't mean dana controls the ufc or zuffa does it? In the end it had to work for m1, else it wouldn't fly, regardless of what fedor might have wanted.

None of the above. IMHO, a GOAT is someone who does EVERYTHING that is there to do in the sport and then transcends the sport AND leaves the sport far bigger than it was when he first came in.
Eg Ali for boxing, Jordan for basketball, Babe Ruth for Baseball, Pele for soccer, Arnold for bodybuilding
Lebron James even said pretty much the same in his tribute to Ali, there might be bigger and better boxers than Ali but they are not GOAT.
A GOAT is someone who clearly marks a BEFORE him and AFTER him era.
NONE of those days are anywhere there.

Last edited:
Would have been jones if he didn't ruin his career

Anderson%20Silva%20dan%C3%A7a%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg

No he didn't. He was a small % shareholder probably to sweeten the deal when he first signed... Dana had a bigger share in zuffa than fedor has/had in m1 global - doesn't mean dana controls the ufc or zuffa does it? In the end it had to work for m1, else it wouldn't fly, regardless of what fedor might have wanted.
You make it sound like he was held hostage by M-1. He was a major shareholder and dictates his own terms. The fact that his toughest opponents were destroyed by the likes of Congo and Mir had something to do with protecting his image. Then the fanboys cry about when he signed to SF they had better heavyweight fighters, not true. He signed and fought a Werdum that was cut by UFC had a very lackluster career thus far, Overeem the champ barely shows up to defend the title, Brett Rogers - no explanation needed, Barnett hasn't signed yet and serving suspension for the 3rd time and etc. These heavyweights only looked better after Reem disposed of Rogers, Werdum and Bigfoot beat Fedor and looked better as a result - not what Fedor had in mind, Barnett signed last minute, Cormier wasn't even noticed until the HW grand prix.
Case in point, Fedor and M-1 ran out of promotions to leech off of after the 3 fight losing streak, went back to Asia and handpicked his opponents once again for his retirement tour laughing themselves to the bank.

Probably all champions were on PEDs at least in-between fights up until 2015.

Russia in fact got expelled from olympics due to their systematic PED abuse system, supported by Russian anti-doping agencies.

And GSP, come on, really? Out of the 3 GOATs, do anyone really think that Silva AND Jones roided, but not GSP?

Aldo was right: Everybody juiced. Dana even got caught trying to undercover Belfort PED abuses...

I'm wondering now that we have a bigger/better anti-doping force if people will continue to juice using more advanced stuff/taking risks or will they just play clean?

You make it sound like he was held hostage by M-1. He was a major shareholder and dictates his own terms. The fact that his toughest opponents were destroyed by the likes of Congo and Mir had something to do with protecting his image. Then the fanboys cry about when he signed to SF they had better heavyweight fighters, not true. He signed and fought a Werdum that was cut by UFC had a very lackluster career thus far, Overeem the champ barely shows up to defend the title, Brett Rogers - no explanation needed, Barnett hasn't signed yet and serving suspension for the 3rd time and etc. These heavyweights only looked better after Reem disposed of Rogers, Werdum and Bigfoot beat Fedor and looked better as a result - not what Fedor had in mind, Barnett signed last minute, Cormier wasn't even noticed until the HW grand prix.
Case in point, Fedor and M-1 ran out of promotions to leech off of after the 3 fight losing streak, went back to Asia and handpicked his opponents once again for his retirement tour laughing themselves to the bank.
If I'm suggesting he was held hostage by them then you're suggesting he was in charge of their operation. Which is blatantly untrue. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I'm no fan at all of m1 and thought m1/fedors decision to run his career the way it happened was terrible. But i still massively respect how good he was even up until affliction, but he/they read the tea leaves incorrectly at the time and went against the ufc which was in hind sight a bad move. But it is what it is. Hence why i advocate that all fighters should be free agents and never locked to an org (unless you're their champ) rather, work through an independent pro fighters association, together with all pro orgs and fighters can freely fight wherever they can agree to be paid in an effort to improve their rank or earn money. Not a fan of orgs locking away fighters and having situations like m1-ufc...

But that's probably another discussion. If you hold fedors decision to sign with m1 against him, fair enough but i truly doubt he was 'afraid' of fighting anyone, but i also think he is more mercenary than his hardcore fanboys admit

Every time I click on these GOAT poll threads it's like deja vu, cos Fedor wins every time.

To me, it's extremely difficult to make a case for anyone. Too many what if's.

Jones and Anderson have an asterisk next to their name for positive tests. How long and often have these guys been using, and how good would they be without taking shit?

Then again PED's are clearly so prevalent in the sport that there is a hint of suspicion on anyone. People have been accusing GSP for years. The fact remains though that there isn't any actual proof that he used.

GSP.

Anderson is a close second, Fedor a distant third.

Jones is out somewhere, driving drunk, hunting for telephone poles and pregnant women.

Bones > Silva > GSP
Accept it HATERS.
Jones never lost any fight and dominated every opponent except Gus.

If fighters keep popping Im going with Travis Fulton. 252 wins. 93 KOs 152 subs 7 decisions.

Back