Who is the Goat?

Who is the Goat?

• Total voters
It's either Fedor or GSP. PED popping omits you of course.

Mighty Mouse belongs no where near this list

His accomplishments are equal to WMMA

He has defeated maybe 3 or 4 decent fighters at best

jon jones should be the GOAT. he was only defeated by himself and the rules.

if jon had fought a few times a year until this date, GOAT threads would not be necessary.

blame jon jones for sherdog GOAT threads.

hi-res-148183368_crop_exact.jpg
giphy.gif

I know this has been beaten to death, but I feel DC deserves to be in the conversation now, so I'll make a poll. Personally I think Jon Jones is the best talent we've seen in MMA thus far, but I would have to slightly favor GSP in the goat conversation because...

He avenged both of his losses

Is a two division champ

has the most top 5 wins in MMA history

Every fighter he has ever faced fought in a major organization and to this day has a winning record.
Gotta love Sherdoggers.

Starts thread with "I know this has been beaten to death" Then proceeds by starting said thread.

<26>

Gotta love Sherdoggers.

Starts thread with "I know this has been beaten to death" Then proceeds by starting said thread.

<26>

You know that you don't have to open the thread if you don't like the topic.

<DisgustingHHH>

I know this has been beaten to death, but I feel DC deserves to be in the conversation now, so I'll make a poll. Personally I think Jon Jones is the best talent we've seen in MMA thus far, but I would have to slightly favor GSP in the goat conversation because...

He avenged both of his losses

Is a two division champ

has the most top 5 wins in MMA history

Every fighter he has ever faced fought in a major organization and to this day has a winning record.
Sorry, but nothing changed.
Fedor was unbeaten for a decade, so no need to avenge any loss.
Fedor fought at HW, no nowhere to go up... and BTW, Fedor was invariably fighting guys way bigger than him while GSP run from Anderson Silva as fast as he could (and then from Whittaker).

Fedor
Jones (sadly)
Anderson
GSP
Khabib

Btw DC never had problem admit Cain used to beat the shit out of him during theyr sparring.
This not counting that while Jones was a cheater, i don't have proof DC is superior LHW than him

Why is this a bimonthly made thread?

This thread will reveal whether Demetrious Johnson has a Sherdog account.

Its still btw Fedor and Anderson.
Even without the steroid argument, how do people rank Anderson above a GSP, Cormier, Fedor when he's got shit takedown defense?

If Chael and Lutter had an ounce of sub defense and striking, Silva would've be demolished. Those are the only two legit wrestlers he faced during his run.
Lutter%2001_zpskbyb8hyc.gif
Lutter%2002_zpslopbsoqu.gif
Lutter%2005_zpshi0atkif.gif
Lutter%2006_zpsntgknput.gif

If GSP was a natural Middleweight, there would be no Anderson Silva. GSP is a smallish Welterweight.

Last edited:
Jones is the GOAT in my opinion, but in terms of clean GOATs it would be GSP. However there is something really special about guys like Fedor, BJ, Sakuraba, Anderson, etc.

Personally I would remove DC from that list and put up Aldo. Dominating your weight class for a long time is much more impressive then winning 2 belts in 2 divisions simultaneously. Prime Aldo could have pulled it off if given the opportunity IMO. He could have had a good chance of taking out Benson, Frankie or Pettis during their reign. The one fight I'm still mad that never happened (when it should have) was Aldo vs Pettis when they were both champs. I forgot what happened, but it was so close to happening at tha ttime.

Back