Who is the GOAT one round fighter?

Guillard honorable mention

Thank you, I was hoping I wasn't alone on this one. Of his 12 wins, only 2 made it past the 2 minute mark; 2:11 on his first win and 3:48 on his last.

Hey, no need to thank me. In my humble opinion he was the best first round fighter EVER. I was also going to mention a guy named Brandon Thatch. Every single one of his wins occurred in the 1st round. 6 under a minute. I don't know what happened to him but went on a 4 loss streak and hasn't fought since 2016.

I made a thread about this kid before he made it to the UFC. We lived in Denver for quite a while and there was a promotion called ROF (Ring of Fire) which isn't around anymore. We watched him as an amateur work his way up and every once in a while you say to yourself "this guy is legit and should be in the UFC and can be a champ". I said in my thread, and I failed. Well, I didn't fail, he did.

Ring of Fire had some awesome up and coming talent that ended up fighting in the UFC...Carwin, Thatch, Cerrone, Gaethje, Cat Zingano, Brendan Schaub, Douglas Lima, Cody Donovan, Eliot Marshall, Rob MacDonald, Michelle Waterson, quite a few folks fought in the local org and made it to the big dance.

I guess I was fortunate enough to attend numerous events the ROF put on and spend $45 a ticket sitting 20 feet from the cage.

Renan Barao is worth a mention, even the shot version of him usually wins the first round (even against Sterling)

Diego Brandao would be a lot better as a 1 round fighter.

Forgot about Romero. Him going buckwild for one round without worrying about his gastank sounds amazing.
Nah man, Romero needs to be tired after 2 competitive rounds to get into his berserker mode. He's never worried about his gas tank but still gets 95% of his finishes in the last round when he looks exhausted. It's weird, lol.

You did forget Rumble though who is a first round killer, as is Francis.

image.jpg

tyson-sapp_1b3116395c243f8aac8d9ad5a304b306b565b59e.jpg

Can you believe he is 350 lbs in that picture with the 6 pack..

Obviously Weidman And DC. They Are aleays winning until they Are losing.

Playing hard in the first round will always look good if you Finish your opponent, but it also means you burn a lot of energy. It is normally better to pace yourself.

Back