Who is the GOAT of WMMA striking?

GOAT = greatest of all time - which is dumb since time is not exactly stopping anytime soon and until it does, giving this title to anyone is something only a moron would do.

And then there's the fact that wmma is still in its infantry.

You make a good point but the word GOAT barely even has any meaning on this site haha so I wouldn't take it so seriously.

And as for wmma being in it's infantry. I can't say I'd be super displeased with joanna and cyborg in my battalion ; )

If someone does not have technically sound striking (bad fundamentals) but is significantly stronger and faster, and wins through aggression and athleticism, does that actually make them a better striker or a better athlete?

I lean towards the "better athlete" side of the equation. I see a better striker as someone more skilled.
very good question. I'd say "better striker." If striker A finishes striker B by stand up (t)ko her offense is clearly better than striker B's defense making her the better and more efficient striker imo.

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif
This is cringeworthy

very good question. I'd say "better striker." If striker A finishes striker B by stand up (t)ko her offense is clearly better than striker B's defense making her the better and more efficient striker imo.

So if JJ fights Cyborg and loses, assuming the fight takes place on the feet, JJ is not the same level of striker?

One is a six time world Muay Thai champ and the other is not. And I would fully expect Cyborg to beat the shit out of JJ, for the obvious reasons. However, even after that hypothetical fight, Cyborg is not going to turn around and win a Muay Thai world title, let alone six of them.

Like the other guy said, shevchenko has 3 victories over jj in muay thai. That and the dissection of holm has me thinking it's her at the moment.

We can't possibly know that yet.

Surprised people are picking Joanna considering Shevchenko beat her 3x times in Muay Thai and outstruck Holly Holm despite being a much smaller fighter.

VALENTINA%20SHEVCHENKO.png

Last edited:
In Wmma considering achievements and past performances, I would say its Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Surprised people are picking Joanna considering Shevchenko beat her 3x times in Muay Thai and outstruck Holly Holm despite being a much smaller fighter.

Right:

Kickboxing
  • 2014 – Kunlun Fight, Legend of Mulan Champion 60 kg
  • 2014 – Kunlun Fight, IPCC Tournament Winner (60 kg)
  • 2013 – World K-1 Champion WKC, Peru (60 kg)
  • 2013 – World K-1 Champion WKC, Mexico (60 kg)
  • 2006 – World Muay Thai WMF Champion, Thailand (57 kg)
  • 2005 – World Champion KF-1 MMA Pro, Korea, Seoul (57 kg)
  • 2004 – World Kickboxing Champion WAKO, Italy (56кg)
  • 2003 – World Champion KF-1 MMA Pro, Korea, Seoul (55 kg)
Muay Thai
  • IFMA World Championships
    • Gold (2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015)
    • WMC Champion (one time) (2012)[25]

Oh, and:

valentina-shevchenko-soho.jpg

Shevchenko beat her 3 times at Muay Thai

People are sleeping on Shevchenko. 3 fucking times she beat Joanna in the past. She easily outstruck Holly -- the world boxing champion, in pure standup, let alone taking her down 3 times.

She was a slow starter against Nunes and switched gears just a bit late.

In relation to Joanna.. watch her fight against Valerie Letourneau. Joanna looked just a bit above average.
Gadelha was the better striker in their last fight until she gassed after numerous takedown attempts.

It's funny people posting gifs of Esparza destruction, as if Esparza can strike...Jesus Christ.
Wake up!

Best WMMA strikers ATM are Valentina Shevchenko and Cyborg.
I will not consider Joanna taking 3rd place in my book until I see her beat Jessica Andrade. I smell a huge reality check for Joanna and her fans when this fight happens.

She is also larger and packs more power which is a significant judging criterion in Thai. JJ is better technically and more fun to watch imo

Valentina is 5′ 5″, Joanna is 5′ 6″. They competed in the same weight category.
JJ is worse technically, thus she lost 3 times.
She is more fun to watch because she is on the offensive all the time.

Other than that, everything you've just posted is nebulous nonsense.

Back